Sooooo not a whole lot of sewing happening this weekend. Friday night I went to happy hour and then...yeah. No. So what was my Saturday like you ask? Well, from 1:15 a.m. - 6:50 a.m. I was in the E.R., got home at 7 to pick my daughter up and headed out to the softball tournament at 7:30. Was at softball from 8:00 until about 2:00. [Not serious...stupid ovarian cysts. Apparently I am a 'cyst getter'. I get cysts. At least this one didn't rupture]
The won 2nd place and Dougie was the MVP of game 3! She was insanely good in game #3.
At this point in the day I'd had morphine, percocet,
a frappuccino and a redbull...I think I was kept vertical by sheer luck.
On to the sewing!
Sunday I finally made it to the sewing room and got those danged buttonholes done. The 1/2" buttons were too small/slippery to sew by machine but I figured 8 handsewn buttons shouldn't take too much time (famous last words). I started sewing on buttons waiting on DD to finish practice. I had put the buttons in the shirt pocket and yep, turned the shirt, spilling buttons all over the car. I found them all and then went on to lose a single button about 4 more times. Seriously.
On the other version (on the form), I'd used 5 snaps and on this one went with 6 buttons. I realized there's a tiny bit of gape on the first one and now I have NO gape! Woot!
I didn't realize that mirror was so dusty! sorry!
I moved the pockets down 1.5" (they were gonna be on my neck otherwise) but I think they're a little too far down. It's okay...they're mainly decorative but I thought they'd help to really give this the casual vibe I was looking for.
Love, love, love the cuffed/tab sleeve :-)
The coral shorts are me-made. I decided for my mini-wardrobe I wanted to use a plain-front shorts pattern so I don't break up my ikat print too much. I decided to do up a wearble muslin of the pattern.
2) I did not do those side slits.
3) The waistline is finished with twill tape. No facing. No waistband. I found that...odd. I'd never encountered that before.
4) This fabric is nasty. It's spongy and too stretchy and melted under the iron. So I will wear these on Saturday and then take my coral zipper back.
5) I didn't gather that they are meant to be high-waisted but HOLY COW. The front rise was ENORMOUS. I had to take out 1.5" of fabric and there is still a pooch of excess fabric.
This was the fastest pattern ever. Front, back, 2 darts in each. Side lapped zipper. Done.
I thought I was 'on to something' with the sewing and started on my M6702 top. I sewed the bias binding to the back opening and went to press it WITH a press cloth and...
Wah. Wah. Wah.