To the good stuff...
This month I sewed a whopping 26 3/8 yards! I thought I might hit 30 but no :)
- Burda 6911 in grey jersey - 1.5
- McCall's 7121 dress in print ITY - 1.75 (sitting in the UFO box - no reason really!)
- Burda 08/2014 #108 top in white knit - 1.5
- New Look 6110 top in blue/white/black striped poly - 1.5
- McCall's 6839 top in black/white striped jersey - 1
- McCall's 5523 skirt in taupe suiting - 1.125
- McCall's 6711 jacket in taupe suiting - 1.625
- Butterick 5760 skirt in black/white striped suiting - 1
- McCall's 6969 jumpsuit in chambray - 2.125
- Vogue 1411 pants in cobalt ponte- 1.75
- Butterick 5760 skirt in black suiting - 1
- Style Arc Sandra jeans in dark denim - 1.5
- Simplicity 1980 top in coral polkadot rayon - 1.5
- Simplicity 2369 dress in navy/white ITY - 2
- Butterick 6169 jacket in floral cotton pique - 2 (WIP)
- Burda 6938 pants in black/white print challis - 1.5 (for my daughter)
- New look 6373 jumpsuit in print ITY - 2
That last one? Went to Hancock on Thursday to see if the new McCall's was in (the jumpsuit - I know!) Bought it. Cut it. Sewed it. Will probably write it up when I finish the jacket.
3 tops (only 3?! surprising!)
2 jumpsuits (LOL!)
Favorite: This is America so I don't have to choose!!! I absolutely ADORE the following:
B5760 black skirt (it's so perfect. SO!)
I've worn both V1411 and NL6110 SEVERAL times and wore the black skirt to my interview for the temp job. And the dress is just awesome so...Totally a winning month!
FAILS: The M6711 jacket. I have tried it on a few more times and think it's about 45% that it's too snug and 55% the fabric. I think it could be really cute and -gasp- may try it again.
Accomplishments: I triumphed against a silky poly fabric! Woohoo!!!
There are two weeks left in the PR Wardrobe Contest. I need to put together a finalized plan from all of the things I've sewn! I really want to add a jacket but am also thinking I could use the dress and jumpsuit as my "sewer's choice" items...but then I lose that effect of layering to create different looks.
I have TONS of handmade garments. I wear them, all the time. usually exclusive to my RTW clothes. But I still love Me made May!
It is YOUR personal challenge so you can do whatever YOU want! It doesn't matter if you only have 5 handmade items or 50! And you are NOT required to post photos!
So if you're thinking about it, please join!!!
This year I will be wearing at least 1 handmade item daily with no repeats on the weekend. Pajamas/Lounge clothes will not count.
Like last year, I will be documenting daily on Instagram (sewcraftychemist) and will add composite photos to my newly created page here on the blog, Making My Wardrobe Work.