Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Dear Bloglovin': What is Happening?!

I was already frustrated with Bloglovin with the whole Blog feed turned social media. Today I logged in and What the heck? How do I have 27,000 followers? That's not possible.

Mary to the rescue!!! I'm going to leave the post up so it's not weird that it goes *poof*, but Mary (Idle Fancy) responded and stopped my freak out!

"The same thing happened to the CSC and Jenmy emailed them about it. Apparently, when people say that they're interested in sewing, a curated list of blogs is suggested as a subscription starter pack. Most people automatically subscribe to those on that screen, so it hugely boosts their follower counts, even if the users don't then go on use Bloglovin much. They're not fakes, just newbies, for the most part I think."

I DON'T  WANT FAKE FOLLOWERS!

Well, I totally don't. But it seems like they're not spam accounts. Whew. And I won't end up on GOMI for buying followers. :-p