I have a par-tay to attend tonight and niece's birthday party to attend tomorrow so the sewing room might not see too much action. PLUS I am sick. This is bad, real bad. I think newly born infants have stronger immune systems than I do. So with life stress and busy, busy work and the slightest of slight illness I feel WIPED OUT. But I can't miss the party! (the owner of my company knows how to host a party!)
A little while ago on PR a thread was started about what you're really good at, and what you're not so good at. Well one thing I noted on the minuses side was that I can make myself irrationally afraid to try something.
I have had now 2 semi-formal events that I could sew a dress for but did I? Nope. And I know I can't fit the RTW dresses that I have. So I got myself all in a semi-depressed state yesterday over 1) being too fat for my dresses and 2) not just making a dang dress. But I have allowed myself to become afraid of making a lined dress. WHY? I. do. not. know. So I'm wearing a color blocked sweater dress that I forgot I owned - unless I can find a cute, sparkly cardigan to pair with this slubbed-silk Michael Kors tulip skirt I scored from the thrift store awhile back.
It's okay just not a party dress.
So this month was a doozy and I got a ton of sewing done. I cut 14 items out; 1 was a wadder and 2 are in progress.
I used up 22.5 yards of fabric but purchased 37 yards (7 yards of which were remnant pieces)
- 2 pair of Simplicity 2700 pants - 4 yards total
- 2 Burda 7866 tops - 4 yards total
- 2 Sew Simple 1523 tops - 3 yards total
- McCalls 6844 cardigan (which was made 3 times prior) - 2 yards
- Simplicity 2255 top (which had been made before) - 1.5 yards
- Burda Style 02/2014 drape top - 1.5 yards (probably more like 1 3/8)
- Butterick 5927 jacket - 1.5 yards (not counting lining)
- Butterick 3314 pj shorts (1.25 yards
- Burda 7509 bias cut top (in progress) - 1.25 yards
- McCall's 3830 pencil skirt (in progress) - 1 yard
- Simplicity 1699 jacket (WADDER) - 1.5 yards
Hopefully this weekend I'll get the pencil skirt done. For now it's basted together...needs final tweaking then facings and hemming. I have a black SUPER soft brushed cotton that I want to make another S2255 from. I might be able to squeak that out this weekend if I don't start feeling like death.