Why it took me 2+ weeks to finish this dress, I don't know. And when I took these pictures, I wanted to wear it immediately!!
I used a charcoal ponte (FM), teal ponte (FM) and a navy knit from SR Harris. I don't know what to call it. It is lightly textured on the right side and smooth and shiny on the wrong side.
I lengthened this one a tiny bit compared to the last one:
I like the first one better. Way better. See how not good I am at color blocking on my own!?! Sheesh. I skipped the top stitching on this one too. I just didn't think it made enough impact for the amount of time it takes. Which honestly isn't BAD, but ...
I'll wear it because this dress is so very comfortable, but it isn't love.
I was so excited to get MORE B6183 tops because it really is an awesome pattern (Carolyn at Diary of a Sewing Fanatic has fallen in love with it too).
I chose this peachy oxford cotton shirting from FM because of the color.
I wasn't familiar with the properties of oxford. Womp. Womp.
This fabric would have done much better as a casual button front shirt. It wrinkles when you think about thinking about looking at it. Darn it.
I sewed it as before but decided to add an exposed zipper. But then didn't love the white zipper. But then decided, eh, my hair will mostly cover it.
Then I put it on...(Note: I made the first one in ponte and the second one in cotton poplin.)
The sleeves were UNBELIEVABLY tight! Like, I cut them while the shirt was on my body. SHEESH.
So I made bias tape to turn them into cap sleeves. Really, all I need to do is bind the sleeves and neckline and hem it. I need to just get 'er done.
wrinkled as all heck...
I probably need to cut the sleeves a bit more angled.