When I posted my 2013 wrap up, I had sewn 94 items.
I then sewed:
- DH's pj pants
- Apron for me
- Bright green and black infinity scarf
- Navy Skirt
- White top
I was going for 100 and cut another version of S2255 out of the chambray look shirting that I made Papa's pajama pants from. I have managed to cut the pattern, sew the sleeve tabs in place, interface the button bands and tabs, sewed them in place, top stitched (I need to rip out the stitching on side) and sew and serge the shoulder and side seams. I also have the basting stitches in the sleeves. I'll finish it tomorrow :)
Also, I'm thinking of using snaps on this one, yay or nay??
Here's my practice:
Edited to add photo of sleeve with snap tabs. I did this at work on my lunch break.
--hey, we have lots of equipment around here!
The sewing room was a little on the scary side going into the weekend and I didn't want to go into the New Year with it that way. So, Saturday morning I went down and started cleaning up and organizing. I put away about 15 (!!) patterns that were scattered about. Either patterns that had been pulled out with the intent of becoming "the next project"; projects that had been cut out but never progressed; patterns that had the fabric cut but were deemed fails...I put them ALL away except for two that I will actually put into the rotation to be sewn.
Then I changed the organization of my patterns around a little bit. I now have a bin each for:
- woven tops
- knit tops
- 'wardrobe' or coordinate patterns
My fabrics were reorganized (and fondled!) and they are now sorted into:
- 2 bins for bottom weight
- 1 (larger) bin for top/dress weight
- 1 bin for coating/jacket (which some of the bottom weights will work for jackets too!)
- 1 bin for knits
- 1 bin for 'other' - pj fabric like flannel, kid fabric, lining, etc