Sunday, April 21, 2013

Finished Item: New Look 6104 #2

Yes, there will be a #3. It will be black with a slightly raised front neckline and pockets. Yep. I'm fancy.

I love this pattern.

This time I decided on view A. It has shorter sleeves with a cute little pleat detail. It also has a ruffle. Err. The pattern does but mine does not. Ruffles, apparently, are not my friend. It was fiddly and I don't like fiddly. I pass on fiddly details because I'm not very patient.

Mine!
The pattern! :)




The cute sleeve pleat


In all it's purple glory.


I am a bias binding lunatic now! 


My set in sleeves are getting so much better.

The fabric is a 100% cotton chambray shirting from Fabrics.com. It's firm without being stiff and sewed like. a. dream. I did get two Clover bias tape makers this week (finished width 0.5" and 1") but I was being a lazy pants and didn't make my own. This purple wasn't an exact match which is why it's inside...but I'm still happy. I think I'm wearing my red shirt tomorrow though for MMM :)

Fabric: $6
Bias tape: $1.20
Thread: On hand
Pattern: Pfft. I've gotten my $2.97 worth I think.