Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wahhhh - Ok, now that THAT'S over...

I grew up in a family of 6 so I am used to a little bit of 'chaos'. This isn't meant to be taken negatively, I love having a "bigger" family; but that meant that at times, our house was crazy! Now, I'm in a family of 7, which it tends to be 6 of us during summers, and our house is crazy!

Now, I'm not a whiner, really. I am an anti-whiner. But I have been so out of it lately and unable to focus on anything when I'm at my machine. But last night I figured it out.


My kids took my mojo!!!


I figured it out last night after trying to get some sewing done. With school out, they spend most of the day at home.

SIDENOTE: I'm looking into rec activities but with 4 kids and the fact that we live in the 'burbs, it's EXPENSIVE! I mean, simple things...like I thought about sending them to SkyZone because we live close by there but...that would be like $50. I mean, that's a lot of money for one day's worth of entertainment!

Anyway, by the time my husband and I get home they are like moths to a flame. I enjoy talking with them, laughing AT with them and spending time with them. But I realized that without the requirements of homework, instrument practice, 9:00 "time to get ready for bed" schedule...I have lost my previously automatic me-time. AND, they can go non-stop til bed time (mine of course!). So today, I am reclaiming my time!!! They need to find something else to do so I can have my 30-60 minutes per day to work on my hobbies. The other issue, is them taking over every square inch of space...but I won't complain about that because I'll have my sewing room within the next 2 weeks (YAY!).

So, while I adore my kids (and husband!), I am an introvert that definitely recharges by doing things/spending time alone. It helps me to be a better me.

9 comments:

  1. I love your attitude, and know you can make this work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand how you feel.. My kids are grown and gone, and I do miss them.. I still feel that need for "me time, all alone time"
    Not the sewing time.... that you just get into it and hubby/kid or grandkid says, "where is this? what are you doing?, etc" lol
    But the "all alone" when no one bothers you.. lol
    Best wishes with your sewing time.. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When people look at me crazy for having Ladybug on a schedule... this is why. We both need a schedule. I need the down time. or the semi down time.


    And yay for getting back into what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! Schedules are a must. A MUST!

      Delete
  4. I Am The Same That I Need Me/Alone Time Too... Kinda Hard To Get By When U Have A Toddler :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know Far. One day your little person will be a big person - I promise! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Aww I have been super busy lately as well. Can't wait to see the new oufits you make!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!