Sunday, March 24, 2013

Finished Item - Simplicity 1887 (Skirt)

This pattern is so quick and fun!

I decided to cut the skirt in a 14 (I made the shorts in a 12) because I didn't want it hugging my thighs too much, especially since I was making the mini version.

It sewed up fast, under 2 hours and because of the ratio between my waist and hips, clothing with an elastic waistband isn't really for me. Save for comfort items like yoga pants and sweats.

I love the print and the colors and can't wait for sunny days here in the tundra! :)


These shoes are my go-to trying on shoes. LOL! They are pretty neutral toned for me so that's why I like to use them.


Hits right above the knee and isn't too fitted.


Pretty colors and flowers!! If you look closely, you can see the raised texture (white).



A little collage!


Pattern Description: 
Misses' pants in two lengths with cuff variations, shorts and skirt in two lengths. Simplicity sewing pattern. Designs by Karen Z.

Pattern Sizing:
8-14, I cut a 14

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Pretty much

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes. I didn't even need them this time (I made the shorts before)

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the simplicity of this pattern. I have made the shorts and mini-skirt and plan to make the pants too.

Fabric Used:
Some cute cotton (blend?) fabric that I got from SR Harris. It has pretty colors and some 3D stitching.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I left off the ties because I didn't have enough fabric!  I also have discovered that I don't like elastic waisted items (save for yoga pants, sweat pants, etc. I added an invisible zipper instead.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes and yes!

Conclusion: 
Again, quick project that produces a wearable garment. The construction is essentially the same for each garment so after doing it once it goes together fast.


7 comments:

  1. That skirt is so cute and I love the print!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! My 14 year old wasn't feeling the fabric but loves the skirt :) I told her so!

      Delete
  2. Very cute skirt simply perfect for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now if only we can get some temps above freezing...I can't wait for spring.

      Delete
  3. Very cute! I love it! The colors are fantastic!!

    http://stacysewsandschools.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Just bought this pattern and can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!