Monday, May 18, 2015

Where My Weekend Went...Plus Some Sewing...

Working backwards...I started working on DDs romper (M7167) last week and quickly ran out of time before my mom got here (yay!). I decided I could finish it Sunday because I "only had a couple hours worth of work left".

Famous last words.

I had maybe 4 hours of work left. But I didn't have 4 hours. So I had to take some shortcuts. I finished at 5:10 and we had to leave out at 5:30! But DD is just happy to have things sewn and doesn't see the "imperfections" that I see and she was OVERJOYED with the final product!! I have to admit, I was too, it looked pretty darn cute on her.

When she chose these fabrics I gave her major side eye but she was adamant so I decided to 'make it work'! It worked... :)

Her muslin looked really good. I ended up raising the neckline 1", removing 3/8" via tuck from the front neckline (so it would lie flat) and adding 5/8" to the back rise. There was some back neckline gaping that I missed.

I would have taken it in a tiny bit through the princess seams but she likes a looser fit and was happy with it.

Yellow ponte and purple plaid shirting, underlined with poly pongee -- all from FabricMart.


I didn't line the bodice but lining the whole thing probably would've been easier! This ponte was SUPER thick and no way would three layers at the waistband work so I used the lining fabric for the facing. 

I had no matching zipper (I was planning to do a lapped zipper) and she chose the pink one. I ended up using a pink bias binding too to finish the neckline.

I did a narrow hem on the shorts but wish I would have done a wider hem. Bleh.



This is my favorite pic :)




 She LOVED it and got SO many compliments! SO MANY!!! She also got 3 band awards! Woohoo!!

*******************

Saturday was a day of craziness! I threw a baby shower for my niece and we spent so much time readying the house! The sewing room was converted (thanks hubby and son) to this:


We had so much fun, the food was amazing, we got a decent turn out playing games and laughing at her amazement at the "HUGE" pack of baby wipes. Uhmmm...400 baby wipes + twins = laughable :)


We're 4 generations strong here! :-D

Because I am a total spazz, within 45 minutes of the last guest leaving, we were here:


******************

Friday night hubby and I had a fun date night with dinner and a comedy show. We totally need to get out more often...top is NL6130






27 comments:

  1. OMG, that romper is so cute! That just cements my suspicion that M7167 is a promising pattern. I hope you make a romper or jumpsuit from it for yourself. That one is definitely staying at the top of my to-sew list for summer.

    And okay, the top that you're wearing is a NL. But what about those fabulous pleather pants/leggings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!

      I have to make this one for myself, for sure!

      The pants were a $5 Target special. I love that place and it's why I couldn't do a RTW fast. :-D

      Delete
  2. The romper is super cute! Did you make the dress you're wearing in the photo with your daughter, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, it's Simplicity 1803

      Delete
  3. You are looking hot on date night! Also the romper looks great and WOW on your living room after the baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!

      I'm the same way with moving; every box must be unpacked now!!! :)

      Delete
  4. I want that romper for me. And your dress. :) I love how busy your weekend was...I feel like a happy life is a busy life. But maybe I am just a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely romper suit - and what an amazing sewing room - it's so large. Great place to hold a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I do love the space! :-)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful picture of you and your daughter. The romper is very interesting. Date night you wanted to make sure he was paying attention. You looked great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure did have his attention! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Your DD's romper is too cute,and love the outfit with you and the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The romper is soooooo cute! And I think I own that fabric from your dress - need to dig it out and sew something with it. You had an amazing weekend - full of fun, food and family. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Romper is so cute, and looks adorable on your daughter.. Love the photo of you and daughter and also the one of you and hubby [good looking couple]
    Your sewing room looks beautiful..Great party room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your DD's romper. I just bought a huge box of baby wipes as a shower gift too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. #1 Romper is cute-dd looks happy--love that mom-daughter photo; #2 baby shower looked like it was fun-- but wow you sure clean up fast-- If I had about 20% of your energy... #3 Date night though... looking like a real hottie in leather Nakisha ... Do enjoy more date nights ... The smiles on you and hubby say it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That romper is so cute. I love your combination of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute romper for DD and I love your Matrix look. =)

    You're not the only spazz! When I have guests, as soon as the last one leaves, I go on a major cleaning and dish-washing tirade. Everything has to be put away and returned to normal. I'm the same with traveling. As soon as I get in the door, I unpack and start washing clothes - no matter how tired I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      OMG SAME!!!!! When I walk in the door, bag is unpacked! I cannot!

      Delete
  14. Your daughter just keeps getting more beautiful! The romper suits her so well. Love the color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!