Monday, March 7, 2016

First Week of March: Gone!

I think time is passing by a little too quickly!!!  Just slowwwwww down 2016, sheesh!

So far this month I've made a pair of pants and a dress. I need to find some time to take photos because I hate having a backlog of stuff to blog! It's easy to forget details and specifics I want to point out when time passes between projects. 

Such is life, right?

I've been wondering if I'm going to finish the PR Wardrobe Contest and I think I may make it. The first 3 items below are part of my wardrobe. I have 3 items left to complete. 



  • McCall's 6884 in a floral ITY - LOVE THIS!!!! Can't wait to show photos!
  • Vogue 8904 in striped jersey - MUCH better result than my last attempt.
  • Burda 7136 in chambray - so far, not a fan of this Kaufmann chambray. It feels so much stiffer all made up than it did when the fabric came out the wash. I have to do the buttonholes then I plan on running it through a couple cycles to see if it softens.
  • Simplicity 2700 in this brick red poly/wool suiting - Love. Love. Love. I was looking for something else on the blog when I came across a photo of these and remembered how much I love the fit/details. V9032 is still my ace, haha! But these have some fun features like the super wide waistband and trouser-cut leg. 

So photos of those 4 soon! 


I received the lace for my daughter's prom dress (from Vogue Fabrics) on Saturday. We'd ordered a ton of swatches from a bunch of places (EOS, Sawyer Brook, Mood, maybe 1 or 2 others) and she really loved this floral motif and the color. 

She then picked out the BFF Collection dull satin in Buff from Hancock Fabrics. But we couldn't find a chiffon that we loved at SR Harris (I KNOW!) nor at Hancock.  I emailed Vogue and asked for suggestions to match the lace. So we have 3 new swatches of chiffon on the way. 

Also from Vogue I ended up ordering these seam tracers in 1/4" and 5/8". I've been working with Burda mag patterns so often lately I thought it was a good idea and a bargain at $3.69 each. Such a simple concept but it works!!


Often times I do just add SA directly on the fabric but I've totally avoided remaking items that I really liked because I didn't want to add SA again. LOL!

Lately, I've been tracing a pattern piece, adding SA, cutting it out, moving on to the next piece. It's felt like less of a chore--but this should help speed things along.


I also got a little haircut this weekend. Wasn't my intent originally and it took a few hours to grow on me, but I think I really like having it in "a style" vs just being there. I'm not into much morning prep so this makes it easier to look pulled together when you're lazy like me. ;-)

I want my bangs to grow out completely to go for this kind of longish bob:



The last thing I wanted to mention...I've been standing in front of my closet everyday feeling blah. And somehow, today it hit me! I've reached my "OHMYGOSH I'm so sick of winter and black and grey and DARK clothes!" point. It's over 60 degrees today in the tundra which for us, coming out of winter, may as well be 85. I'm ready to switch my closet over but...

I'm moving in a few weeks. Boooooo! I mean, YAY! But moving. Ugh.

So it makes no sense for me to lug out spring clothes for a couple of weeks. I'll just wait until I'm settled...Perhaps I will bring out a couple of brighter tops to get me through :)

Until later!