This is the composite as posted on PR. I haven't gotten a chance to wear the blazer yet (probably because it got buttons RIGHT before these photos were taken...
But I've worn the shorts multiple times, I've worn the fun drape top twice, I wore my new dress today (and felt pretty dang fabulous all day!) and my grey tshirt is packed to go on the road.
I call this mini wardrobe a success, win or lose.
(ooh! Speaking of winning; I didn't know that volunteering as a contest manager got me a gift. I will be the last person on earth to make the Minoru but I will be making it!! Hopefully this fall, if not, for spring)
Next up, Molly of Toferet's Empty Bobbin has put together a Meet up for us up here in the tundra! yay!!!!
We'll be getting together on Saturday, September 13th! There's a Facebook group HERE where you can get details.
My name is Nakisha, and I am a sewing addict.
We know I have an issue with not buying fabric. Well that addiction spreads right on to patterns.
When I first started I had my patterns stored in like 2 of these bins. I would flip through them, pull them out, dream a little dream...you know the drill.
Well as the stash grew (and grew and grew), I organized by category (skirts/pants, tops, dress, jackets/coats, miscellaneous, etc). NOW, I have, ahem, quite a few and I no longer sort through them like I used to. I have all of my patterns catalogued on Pattern Review. I love this because I have easy access to the info, even on the go. I like that you can sort by company, by category, or both. You can print your list. And most importantly, you can see right there at a glance how many times it's been reviewed.
So my current way is to search through my patterns online and THEN I head to the stash. So it only made sense to reorganize them by company name and pattern number. The only "issue" I've really had lately if say, I bought a pattern for the top but then decide to make the pants. Well, it's stored under "tops" so I end up confused. No biggie...but this way will be easier and make more sense, imo.
I pulled them ALL out and uhmm, yeah. It got real over here.
45 minutes later they were all sorted.
Butterick has 1 bin.
Simplicity and McCall's each have 2 bins. Simplicity is going on bin #3. (I won't tell you that after doing this I went to Hancock and bought 10 Simplicity patterns. Shhhhhh).
Vogue and Kwik Sew are in another.
Burda/New Look/Sew Simple/Jalie (1)/Sewaholic (1).
PDF's are currently stored in zip lock bags and in one box all together. It's not neat but...it works!