Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June Wrap Up & Where Are They Now

In the month of June, I sewed:

  • M6702 dress: 1.5 yards (wadder)
  • NL6150 top: 1 yard 
  • Kimono tee: 1 yard
  • Burda 06-2014 top: 1 yard (didn't finish the black one)
  • Burda 06-2014 kids top: 1/2 yard
  • Burda 06-2014 kids shorts: 1/3 yard
  • S2153 jacket for DD: 2 yards
  • S2594 top: 1.5 yards
  • M6654 skirt: 2/3 yard
  • S2243 jacket: 1 3/4 yard
  • S2255 top: 1.5 yard
  • S1373 shorts: 1 yard
 Total of 13 3/4 yards sewn with lots of unselfish sewing!

Favorite make of the month: Yep. The nautical print top! :-D

This month I bought oogads of fabric.
  • FabricMart: 26 yards (mmmm. striped ponte!)
  • destash: 8 yards (think 4 yards might be unusable. REALLY bad crease lines in this coated cotton)
  • Hancock: 3.5 yards
Total of 37.5 yards added to stash

***********************
Of newer me-mades; a little "where are they now"

Things I wear all.the.time
  • Denim S1430 shorts
  • Both S2061 pants. ALL THE TIME!!! in fact I contemplated cutting another pair out on Sunday!!
Things I don't wear as much as I thought I would
  • Denim Burda skirt. :(
  • Black S1430 shorts (I have NO clue why!)
  • B5678 shirt. Yep. The contest winning shirt. :-O It fits very well...but very well fitted doesn't suit the work life. I think the day I wore it to work I had to do so much bending and lifting that I actually ended up taking it off and putting on a tshirt I had in my gym bag...and wearing my labcoat.
************************
July sewing plans:
  • 5 piece mini-wardrobe (knit blazer, 2 tops, 1 shorts, 1 cropped pant)
  • My first swimsuit
  • collared vest
  • a couple of knit dresses (so committal...I know! LOL!)
************************
And just so this isn't a pictureless post...


Most awesomest shirt ever.

29 comments:

  1. Yes! I agree that shirt is awesome! You did well in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirt is fantastic.. Looks great with the shorts and the skirt too..
    Love all your goals.. Happy sewing in July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nakisha, I thought I sew a lot, but you have me beaten by a country mile. You really worked this month. Your top is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Dorothy! I have decided that I am just fast at it. Because I don't even sew everyday anymore!!

      Delete
  4. That shirt looks good with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail! I am CRAZY about it!

      Delete
  5. Your killing it Natisha. I have not made a button down shirt ever. I want too, and will soon hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! Ooh you should! This one is easy, imo!

      Delete
  6. Girl! LOL. Looking forward to seeing your mini wardrobe. I've been wanting to do one but can't commit to fabrics. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just go with the flow and let the fabric speak to you!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Mini wardrobe sounds fun. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work. Your report reminds me if my month end status reports or work. Don't be surprised if I start this same routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Go right ahead! :) I like to think about how things went and what I want to do the next month.

      Until I get distracted by something *shiny*

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love the shirt with the skirt. You accomplished so much in June. I can't wait to see the mini wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so excited about it. I wish I could *poof* and have it already! :)

      Delete
  10. Neat end-of-month wrap up post! I finally had the guts to add up all of the fabric I bought in May and June, and it has pretty much negated all of my stashing down from earlier this year (though, purchases in other 2014 months helped with that, too). 40 in for those months...and only 5 out. Ow. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Ohhh but it was worth it! :-p Time to get sewing!

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness... that shirt is perfection... it looks soo good belted, unbelted and with various bottoms! It's a winner!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-D

      Oh and on the FM Fashionista challenge...oooh I'd love to play along this year! I'll have to keep my eyes open for the "tryouts".

      Delete
  12. You are right...that shirt is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks Roz!

      July will be busy. Busy, busy, busy. I have a ton of things to sew!

      Delete
  14. I should recap my months of sewing. I've never thought about that! I like how you look at what you wear and don't wear--that's a great idea as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see why it is the awesomest shirt ever; it looks like it would go really well with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow wee you sewed ALOT in June!! I feel like such a slacker now. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!