7 is my favorite number so... :-) In no particular order:
1. Without a doubt, V9032 makes the list! I sewed 3 pair and don't even want to wear other pants in my closet. Sheesh. These definitely pushed S2700 out of it's TNT spot. I really want to make the pleated pair!
2. My "Master's" jacket; aka my Butterick 5926 ponte blazer in kelly green. L.O.V.E. It brightens my day whenever I wear it!!!
3. The Belle bow blouse. I spent months searching for a bow blouse pattern and considered many yet none were quite right. This pattern is just fantastic to me and I love the way it fits! So even though it hasn't been in the wardrobe long - it's a favorite!
4. S2061; These are serious wardrobe staples for me. I like the sweatpants version but not NEARLY as much as the other two. The black pair are my go-to for weekends.
5. S2153: Oh my gosh. I spent a long time wanting to sew this pattern. I love it. I can see several more jackets and vests from this one! I wore the black jacket relentlessly and when the mercury climbed to 50 in mid December I pulled it back out! I LOVE it. And the vest. It is a very proud make for me as going with the contrast was a little out of my normal zone.
6. RTW knock off top. This represents a new-to-me skill (copying RTW) and the fit is so flattering! Not to mention the fabric...swoon! Washes amazingly, does not wrinkle and is soooo soft!
7. I love button front shirts but have never been able to buy them off the rack. I have a 6+ inch difference from full bust to underbust, narrow shoulders, large biceps...yeah, fitting into a rtw shirt was impossible. I am still head over heels about my S2255 shirts that I made but the Burda 7136 as a 'traditional' shirt is fantastic :)
(wearing V9032 and S2061 with them!) :)
Honorable mention: New Look 6123. Sewn for the Fabric Mart contest, this dress makes me grin whenever I look at it. It was really a great exercise in fitting and I lined it (first fitted, lined dress!) and learned new skills (lining a sleeveless dress, lining a skirt with a vent) AND it was totally my most expensive project yet! :)
What's probably NOT surprising; almost all of these were made multiple times!
V9032; pair #4 is planned for my mini wardrobe
Belle blouse; #2 is planned for my mini wardrobe
S2061; sewn 4 times total
S2153; sewn twice
RTW top; sewn twice
Burda shirt; sewn twice
B5926 WILL be made in a nautical theme in the spring!
NL6123 was made again in ponte.
I love new patterns and trying new things but there's you gotta love knowing (mostly!) that it'll work!
As for projects that get completed and then later become fails; I started doing "where are they now" posts (I only did 2 this year; oops!). Because sometimes things get made, they're awesome and then you realize you never, ever reach for them. Otherwise...
1. Deer & Doe Plantain tee. I got into the hype AND it was free but this pattern just didn't work for me. I don't like the silhouette of it and there are more tees in the sea. ;-)
2. Burda 6910. IT'S NOT YOU IT'S THE PATTERN!!!!!! Every.single.person(!) mentioned problems with the neckline. Something is wonky about this pattern for sure. Don't want it. It sucks. Ain't gonna waste time trying to redraft the neckline so I tossed it...And won't shed a tear. Buh-bye.
3. M6844 BUT only certain ones. I have made this cardigan so many times. I came to realize I really only wear the ones with the interfaced collar band. Coincidence? I think NOT! hahahaha!
4. B6104 in brown wool...which was a huge disappointment because I love the red one. But it was riddled with fit problems and has made it's way to someone else to be well-loved, hopefully.
5. V8839 I loved this cardigan. Well, the idea of it. I wore it once and never touched it again. New home. Bye. Bye. :( I keep telling myself that it was just too big and I should try again. But I have this awesome 2 sided knit and I will be SUPER sad if I "waste" it.
6. M7046 I had palpitations when I saw the top from this pattern! Bad fabric. Too small. REALLY should've wait til spring with those flutter sleeves. So I will hopefully attempt it again.
7. Lekala pencil skirt. It may be weird for some people reading but, I have no freakin' clue what to wear with this skirt. I told myself I needed a khaki skirt but nothing seems to look right with it besides black or white. And I never know what shoes to wear. Gah.
One thing I'm always meaning to mention...I have PLENTY of failures that never make it out of the gate. It isn't that I don't want to blog those, it's that I generally scrap it and move on before it is even a blip on the sewing radar. Perhaps I'll mention those more frequently.