Thursday, April 3, 2014

Miscellany

FINALLY cut the Burda Style Illusion jacket! Here are some progress pics (it's a bit further along now)




I'm reading a pretty good book


I'm knitting my first hat (I never finished my other first hat because I didn't understand some things and the pattern got OFF and yeah). I'm making progress in sewing AND knitting!



Lastly, I decided not to draft a lining for the S2153 jacket. The fabric has a nice weight. It's waterproof on the outside (almost typed 'OD' as in outer diameter. Too much metallurgy!) and a soft cottony texture on the inside. I decided on polka dot bias tape for the seams and facing. 

I went to JoAnn as quilting cottons were 30% off and I had a 15% off coupon. I couldn't get internet in the store and didn't know how much to buy. I decided to just go with a yard. There was a 5/8 yard remnant so I took that too. When I finally got reception, I learned that 1 yard of 45" fabric makes somewhere around 15 yards of bias tape. 

Oops! Lol!!!