Thursday, August 14, 2014

Forcing the Mojo

Can sometimes be dangerous territory. In this case; I need to. I have TOO many things that I need to get started on to wallow in mojo-less land.

Last night I forced myself to sit at the machines and I actually got some stuff done!

DD got her tshirt hemmed and really likes it except it "makes her feel naked". This one...It's floaty and *just* the right length and it has the loose sleeves. All things she asked for...but she wants a black bandeau to wear underneath; but not a tank top because that's too much. Sigh...


I had 1 yard of this fabric and she got a top WITH sleeves from it! I really loved this when I got it so of course she did too; and she took it from me. It's almost a "digital" floral in that it has these horizontal lines through the fabric.

The pattern had bands on the sleeves and bottom but she didn't want those. Now, she is tall but she's all legs. Her torso is "normal" length but she then has a 34" inseam! So this view of the top would probably be WAY short on someone else who is 5'8" but more proportional. I like that it's a 'barely' cropped top and think it really suits her.

I attached the binding flat and used a double needle on the neckline and sleeve/bottom hem. I am now seeing how well raglan sleeves fit her (wide shoulders) and how they don't work for me (narrow shoulders). Sigh...again. :)

My kimono is waiting to be finished.
My red pants are in progress.
Style Arc Issy knit top pattern is traced off and ready to cut (I'd like to wear that this weekend so I'd better get started!!)

*******************************************************

I'm going to throw my name in the hat for the Fabric Mart Fabricistas challenge!


I'm "scared" but I think it would be fun if I were to be selected. But I'd totally have time to sew all the things because it'll be football season! LOL! So, fingers crossed!
*********************************************************
I FINALLY wore my ponte blazer -aka- the Masters Jacket and swooooooon. I love the color, the fit and the ease of wear. C'MON FALL!!!! 

Excuse the bathroom 'selfie'.



34 comments:

  1. You would totally rock the Fabricista challenge! And that jacket is truly awesome. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would do great in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love that jacket. And I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks, "Yay, football season--more sewing time for me!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle; I realize it makes me smile whenever I see it. That's a win.

      Yesssssssssss. I love football and will watch at least one game a week but he will be occupied alllllll day Sunday til February - go me! :)

      Delete
  4. Hope you make it! I'd love to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice floral top for your daughter. The Raglan sleeves do fit her nicely! I hope you make the Fabricista challenge...it would be neat to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Glad to hear you're gonna do it! I'm excited to see other people do all the work while I sit back and watch this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! So you guys are trying to just toss me into the deep end without a life preserver! LOL!

      Delete
  7. I really HEART your green jacket. I really need to do one up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter's top is sooo cute and I love your green jacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tomasa! I can't wait for fall and more chances to wear it!

      Delete
  9. You rock. That jacket color is wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You would be great at the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful jacket, your daughter is lovely in her new top, and yes! You'll be great in the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, the colour of that jacket really, really suits you. Secondly, yes, wide shoulders for raglans - they hang off them so well :)

    Getting the mojo going sometimes is hard work - I'm having one of those spells too. I do the same, make myself do something, even if it is not much. Good luck with fabric contest - hope you get accepted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a slow learner ;) I was determined to make a raglan work for me.

      And yes I agree. You make something simple to try to light the fire. Thanks Sarah Liz!

      Delete
  13. love the jacket! the blouse turned out fantastic as well, sometimes I join a challeneg to get my mojo flowing, for now I'm cutting down a skirt, hoping I haven't cut down too much lol! Happy sewing!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not! :)

      I think starting on my red pants reinvigorated me because, hello? Red. Pants!!

      Delete
  14. Your daughter is such a cutie, especially in her new top. Green is great for you, so keep 'em coming. The Contest? Yes, yes, yes. I wanna see what you'll whip up, in short order, under pressure and still wow us all. Shams, a friend of mine, participated in the original and ditto to what Kathy Sews and ShanniLoves said. Never mind, you go girl. The peanut gallery is already rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy!!

      I just loved watching the challenge last year. So many creative people!!! I'm not sure if I have "it" but what haven't I just jumped in and tried, right!?!?

      Delete
  15. Your daughter is adorable in her new top..Just perfect.. Love your green jacket too..Looks great on you.
    Best wishes with the challenge..Know you will do great..Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous smiles! And gorgeous clothing again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I hope you get picked to be in the challenge!! You would rock it.
    Love the tee on her - laughed at the "bandeau, not tank" comment. Kids are so specific!
    Your jacket looks great on you! Fall will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!