I really wanted to give view A a shot (and potentially in some yummy wool jersey I've got in stash) and while organizing my fabric on New Year's Day, I came across this remnant from the dress I made my daughter for her senior photos. I realized it had that same *just* off white color as my recent M7199 cardigan and put them in a bin to become a raglan sweatshirt.
But then I decided I needed this 'white' top to be more work appropriate. I was all woe is me because I didn't have enough of the solid for the front, sleeves and cowl, but had plenty of the textured fabric, and had written the project off.
Well, DUH! I can use the textured for the front and back and just do 'contrasting' sleeves and cowl. Sheesh! :)
I still had to adjust for lack of fabric and folded out 2" of the cowl. It doesn't drape as much, but it still works.
I did a cheater FBA by pivoting and sliding because I knew this fabric had very little stretch. I ended up using 1/4"(!) seam allowances.
This fabric hardly stretches so it's snug but not uncomfortable
The lacy fabric is so pretty :)
I whipped this up SO FAST! I had the entire thing constructed on the serger in like 30 minutes. Then another half hour to do the hemming with a twin needle. Gotta love those quick and dirty projects.
Next up I'll be working on DDs dress muslin. I got the Burda bodice all traced off and plan to cut out the paper pattern tonight, cut out the muslin tomorrow, and sew up the muslin Friday/Saturday.
I'm excited! :-)