Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Spring Pattern Releases - Simplicity, McCall's and Vogue!

I have so many blog posts that need writing; I never did a December wrap-up/January planning post...I need to blog a cardigan and 2 dresses. OY!

But for now...let's talk patterns!

Simplicity's site has gone from bad to worse. Now, sure, it "looks" better but it isn't functional! Not even a little bit!!!!! And in their usual fashion, their patterns are up on Pattern Review and in store before they're available for viewing on the Simplicity website. Sigh.

I think this was an ok release. Nothing too exciting but I did snag a few:


I've been looking for a dress with bodice overlay and I just love this!!!
Bonus - Cup Sizing!


I think the envelope is boring but I think there's potential in this vest.


I'm not a huge fan of the Mimi G line of patterns in general but I do love jumpsuits.
This one has nice details like the back yoke and partial placket that made it a go for me.


I do LOVE CR and will buy EVERY PATTERN THAT COMES OUT!
This jacket and pants is so 70s chic!

Honorable mention:


I'm wondering if this is an update to the ever popular S2700 Amazing Fit pattern


S2700


McCall's was mostly formal wear and "meh" for me.


I do like this but I think it's because of fabric+cute model.

And I like this a lot (mainly views A and B) but feel like I shouldn't :-p

Vogue!

I picked up the new Simplicity patterns over a week ago in Hancock and saw the Vogues but wasn't moved. Looking at them now, I kind of like A LOT of them. First up; the patterns that may be added to the collection:

1494 is a Sandra Betzina pattern and looks *so* cool

9167 is a 'basics' kind of pattern but with all that seaming it can make a great dress!
Bonus  - cup sizing!




1489 - I would totally make this for summer.

9174 - A Tilton pattern.
Not loving the top/jacket but the leggings - YES!

Other "likes" but unsure I'll buy them (that $5 Vogue price tag does rein me in!)


1481 - Really like the pleats and the shorter length.

1488 - crazy dress with included slip



1486 - Gorgeous skirt!

9166 - Simple but with nice details; yoke, darts (cup sizing!), CB seam, 2-piece sleeve...

I don't do dresses with that shirttail hem though...but this has lots of options!


9169 - Cute but again - Not quite into the style. Overlay + tunic-y length...eh.



9170 - LOVELY seaming but again not interested in the length + oversized feel

9172 - Love a skirt with some interest!
However, this reminds me of the Style Arc tulip which I bought recently





Overall I think we've got some good stuff rolling out this spring.