Sunday, October 13, 2013

Finished Items: Butterick 5926 and McCall's 6796

I finally finished the jacket!

I had intentions on adding bias tape to the seams but since it's a little too large I won't...I'll save that for jacket #2.  I think it's a solid pattern despite my issues with the collar. It fits well and went together quickly. I will not add interfacing on #2 if I use a similar weight ponte. I will only interface the buttons and button hole areas. Well and the collar.

I wore it all day yesterday and it was pretty comfy. Due to the shoulders being too large, I ended up rolling the sleeves up (it's striped on the inside!). I thought it gave it a more casual look that helped with the large shoulders


At Charming Charlie with my favorite girl! :) We had lunch at Smash Burger then bought some cool accessories!


On Lily



Weird puckery collar deal. Meh.

Pattern Review here

So, instead of getting all worked up, I continued ahead with my SWAP plans. I made this top, McCall's 6796 in a light jersey knit. It's black with a silvery stripe throughout. But it's kind of see through! Oops! I hate that I'll have to wear a cami under it (cami + top + some type of jacket or sweater because it's sleeveless) but...it was pretty easy to view the cleavage in the bathroom and those lights suck.


You can see Lily's boobs!!!! LOL!

Pattern Review here


I started my pants and got to the zipper and completely blanked on what to do. I'll be refreshing myself with YouTube vids! They're a black/grey fabric and will have a purple zipper and purple hem tape - yep! :)

After the pants will be a button front shirt in light purple and a white top (probably Maria Denmark's Kimono Tee).

I cut a vest too. That I plan to make in an animal print. Me. Animal print. We'll see if I wear it. I'm making it in fleece so as to not get too broken hearted over it if I hate it. Fleece is cheap. I can always make one out of nice fabric if I love it!!

Lastly, I have taken over my lunch bag to be a project bag for the socks I'm knitting. So I quickly (like in under 10 minutes), sewed this little bag to tote small in progress knits.