After making the top and cowl, I decided that this top would also look pretty danged cute.
But it works!!!
It was quick to sew; I had the collar traced off but none of the other pieces. I got them traced out and got it sewn Saturday morning. I hemmed it later in the day and then didn't take it off until bedtime. It's SO cozy!
I used a regular zipper instead of an invisible and for some reason decided to top-stitch it. Atrocious. I unpicked it and redid it but honestly, it doesn't look that much better :-p But you can barely see it so.... LOL!
The description mentions the zipper making it 'easier to get on/off' but it is not necessary to get it on and off.
I like the hi-low on this one! I wish I would have topstitched that horizontal seam. I pressed and pressed and it still flips up/down in certain places.
I do have to 'arrange it' when I first put it on but after that it isn't fussy.
OMG one isssue; the long collar is folded down to create a facing. Every time I put it on my head gets stuck! LOL!
The sleeves are roomy but if you look at the line drawing and how the yoke comes down, I think that they have no other 'choice' but to be roomy.
I initially added 1" hem allowance which I never need hem allowance with straight sized Burda. I decided that with the yoke, a wide hem would be nice. I hemmed it at 1 3/4". I had also added 1" for the sleeve hem. I trimmed away 1" and hemmed it 1.5". I used fusible tape in the hems and a double needle.
I really like this pattern. It went together quickly and very nicely. It also helped that it was the featured pattern so it was hi-lighted on the pattern sheet in pink (easier to trace!) and you get step by step illustrated instructions. Score!
The Burda fest continues after I finish this pattern test!