Sunday, November 3, 2013

Make a Garment a Month Challenge: November Plans

I have tons of plans in my head but the garment I'm focusing on for the challenge is this collarless jacket from Simplicity 1699, a 'Sew Stylish' pattern.


I'm going to use this cotton/rayon blend plaid from Fabric Mart, scored for the low, low price of $4/yd! :)


The part on the right shows the color the best


But this photo shows the pattern



I have several plaids that are a little bold for pants but that would make great jackets and blazers. I figured this pattern would be good to cut my teeth on because it doesn't have too many seams. Bonus --  this jacket uses less than 1 1/2 yards of fabric. I will have a whole yard left!!! Pencil skirt?

Now, what color lining should I use??

I'm not sure if I'm going to do the trim but am thinking I might take the risk and make welt pockets. Eek! :) I hope to get a muslin done in the next week!!