Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sewing Pattern Wish List

Today, Sewaholic posted about a pattern wish list - from the perspective of a designer - wondering what sewers are craving from the Sewaholic line.

When I read it, it also made me think about my own "wish list" - the patterns I'd love to have my hot little hands on.

So let's see...I would love to own the Renfrew and Minoru by Sewaholic, first. I don't even think I need to link them...there are a bajillion amazing renditions of both all over the internet. Go Google!! :) Initially I ignored the Renfrew, but it seems to be a great pattern and has tons of options for customizing the pattern.

OMG and then there's the Anna from By Hand London:


Image from: http://dollyclackett.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html


Image from: http://www.missdibs.com/2013/09/by-hand-london-anna-dress-to-rescue.html


Trust me when I say to Google it or look it up on Pattern Review. Everyone's is AWESOME. But it's gonna cost me like $26 with the conversion and shipping. Uhmm...that might stay on my wish list awhile longer...unless PR ends up offering it (fingers crossed!).

Then there are the cute Tania Culottes from Megan Nielsen which Lauren made in an adorable winterized version.

Winter Tania Culottes
Image from: http://lladybird.com/2013/10/28/completed-winter-tania-culottes/

Of course, the BurdaStyle Moto jacket:
117_1113_b_large

And this M5815 Jacket, which the pattern envelope = SNOOZEFEST but Kelly's version is ahhhhmazing and I must have. I just found the pattern on eBay - score!

M5815
Yawwwwwwn. Right?

and then...

AMAZINGNESS!!



Image from: http://kellyssewing.blogspot.com/2013/01/wool-tweed-mccalls-5815done.html

Apparently the bow version was a Nanette Lepore knock off design...I can't wear a giant bow on my neck to work though.

And I would love to own, right now, the Liesl + Co Woodland Cape


Pretty funky stuff there, that cape.

This weekend, I plan to finish the muslin for my jacket, rework this horrific top I cut last night, finish the royal blue skirt and...yeah. I think that's a good list :)