I was on the wagon and then...boooooom! CRASH! The E-O category was on sale for 50% off + an additional 20% off coupon and all heck broke loose.
The beautiful sweater knit was sold out by the time my order was filled - WAHHHHHH!!!!! There were 26.5 yards when I ordered :( It must have been really popular! Ah well.
(bottom 3 solids are ponte)
Solid green and pretty printed ITY
A slinky jersey
A cotton/lycra knit (the color is very vibrant! let's hope it stays that way!)
This jacquard double knit feels amazing!
Coating - I must have missed where the herringbone said it had metallic threads.
I don't know if I like it. The other is solid black and SOFT!
A 'buy the piece' boucle
Pinstripe for pants
More plaid- I keep buying it but have yet to sew it!
Yes, there's a huge stack of this suiting. I have a plan!
More pretty lace!
The solid green is a soft cotton lawn that shall become the new Vogue Anne Klein top.
I was mojo-less and in an attempt to make it show up, I sewed new machine covers. I later realized it was over something that was unresolved. And then that matter was resolved and then - yay! My mojo returned!!!
I was going to use a Butterick pattern I have and then decided I was NOT going to cut pattern tissue to cut rectangles! I measured length/height/depth of my machines and added 1/2" for hem/seam allowances.
I sewed the top to the front and back, sewed the long seams on the sides and then finished with the short seams. I made sure I pressed it well and then hemmed.
I added a white strip to 'break up the pattern' a bit and decided to hand embroider it. I interfaced this strip of fabric and then used a decorative stitch to attach it to the front of the covers.
The mat was based on uhmm...a scrap of fabric I found after making the covers! LOL!!!
I interfaced the "outside" of the pocket, sewed a facing to it and then attached front to back. I turned it out of the top of the cover and then just topstitched it shut (it's hiding under the machine anyway!)
I then did double lines of stitching to make pockets.
If I did this again I would make the pocket piece slightly wider so that there was more slack.
The serger cover is still awaiting it's embroidery but now I have a scrap catcher - YAY!
My son, my youngest, turned 15 years old today. My how the time flies :)