I still plan to make a jacket from May (this month) and the vest from July (next month??)...and have several August and September garments planned.
This dress was made a tiny bit at a time over the past week; I highly recommend it as a method when you're busy! :)
OMG THE GUSSETS!!! Swoooooon.
When I traced off this pattern I was really nervous about how fitted it is! I cut a size 42 adding 3/8" seam allowances at the neckline and the gussets and 1" throughout the rest.
I used 3/8" seams through the bust (I needed that extra space!) and ended up going back in from the waist to the hem and removing the extra. It has to fitted so that the gathers don't sag. I had a hell of a time gathering that front piece and then had the smart idea to use a piece of elastic to gather the back.
Guess what? Not smart.
Just gather it like you're supposed to.
Then, I got the bright idea that I didn't "need" seam allowances on the 'inside' of the facings.
Nope. Not too bright. :)
When it flipped out, the serged ends of the facing showed. So I topstitched, not as indicated on the pattern but rather followed the serger stitches. Then I did tiny tacking to keep the collar folded in place.
I love it from the front but the back is WHEW! so close fitting! With a jacket though, it's pretty cute. Also, I don't know what would need to be done to keep the collar up against the body like that. It wants to flop.
Also, as per usual, I added no hem allowance, and removed 1 1/4" from the hem; and hemmed it at 1 1/4".
Oh and the fabric is from Fabric Mart, but it isn't my favorite. I washed and dried it and that was fine. But every time I pressed it, it's like it faded a little. We'll see how it wears.