Tuesday, August 11, 2015

There's no stopping me now!

Hahahaha!!!

Blah blah blah. Blah. Blah.

This entire blog post is to say...

I MADE A WELT POCKET ON MY KNIT JACKET!!!!!!!!!

I am making another Butterick 5926 jacket. I wear the green one to.death. And the patch pockets are fine...but I've been dreaming of this navy/white version with silver buttons since the very first time I attempted the pattern back in October 2013.


AND I'M MAKING WELTS!!!!!!!!

I was so nervous but I did it! Well...the hard part. I still have to sew the pocket in place but pfft! That's child's play compared the sewing the welt! :)




I hope to have this all finished by Saturday.




44 comments:

  1. Lovely work! Your pockets will make your garment "a cut above."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I could never do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! This looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welts. Welts! WELTS! Woo! ;) I get the joy, I do. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great accomplishment and looks like you've got all of those stripes matched perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You would be so proud. I had sewed the right front and back together before cutting the left back. And then it didn't match the left front.
      And I *gasp* recut it so that it would be perfect! :)

      Delete
  6. wo0T!!! i've never welted meself - i am very impressed by the stripes, it's fantastic! Enjoy your fabulous self :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so great! This is one of those details that would be a big distraction to me- I would spend the day admiring my own pocket any time I wore the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your welt looks great and I love how you rotated the fabri!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Nakisha! If you get a chance -- I know you're on a roll -- can you post a step by step?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin!

      I used Poppy Kettle's tutorial:

      http://poppykettle.com/2012/04/10/101-single-welt-pockets/

      Delete
  11. Welts in knit? I declare thee my new hero!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only I it a welt in a knit, but stripes going the other way. Absolutely no room for anything but perfection, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!