I hadn't sewn very much lately (finished dress post to come tomorrow!) and the bug hit me this weekend.
I was all set to sew this really cute Lekala top and realized it was ordered (along with a few more) on A4 paper. Boooo!
So I needed something worthwhile that I could execute easily.
I picked up this denim piece at Hancock for $3.95 not long ago. And decided to use the fabric leftover from my psuedo fail of a top. This of course also meant using a red zipper! :)
I added the pockets.
I used one large button.
I shortened them one inch (like chopped an inch off the bottom) and hemmed 1 1/4"
I fully intended to add belt carriers. Then I realized I didn't have a long enough piece of fabric. THEN I realized I could've pieced them aka sewed two smaller strips. Oh well. Next time!
I will make a pair with carriers and welt pockets. I will! :)
Sooo the mojo was going. Of course.
I decided to cut this crazy wild fabric I'd gotten from FabricMart and make the straight skirt-racer back dress from M6744.
I don't love it. I think there something to this type of construction that I don't like.
When I made M6752 I hated it on me. Yet I love my Winter Street dress.
I think it's the elastic casing/waist.
I'm going to pull the elastic out and just gather the skirt. And I will be doing bands instead of turning and stitching the arms/neck.
The girl is crazy about her dress. I'll get tons of pics this afternoon.