Last 3 days of Me Made May 2014! Eeeeeek!
Day 29: Simplicity 2700 pants (the too high at the waist pair)
Day 30: Simplicity 2594 top (again)
Day 31: McCall's 6744 dress
I am very glad that I participated this year. Not only was it incredibly fun to see everyone's handmade goodies on display, it was very useful too!
This month, I aimed for zero weekend repeats and I achieved that. I did have repeats during the week, which I knew I didn't have enough stuff to really, truly go 30 days.
What I did observe was:
- I need more pants. I have made 5 pair of S2700 pants and one pair of B5908. I ruined one pair but slicing them open. A 2nd pair was made with sad fabric that grows by the minute. A 3rd pair (which was technically the 1st pair) was made before I knew just how much needed to be removed from CF. A 4th pair is STILL awaiting new hems. So I really only have the plaid pair of S2700s and the B5908 pants. I have to change that!
- I wore ALL 3 of my M6844 cardigans. I reached for the white one multiple times, mostly because it's much lighter than the ponte versions. I need another in a lightweight knit.
- I wore both of my: S2255 tops, Sew Simple A1523 tops, S2061 pants and KS3115 yoga pants.
- I have well over 300 patterns now and 100 of them are McCall's (to be fair, some are craft, mens, kids...) and 80 are Simplicity. But I noticed a lot of Simplicity TNT patterns here!
- I want additional versions of several of these garments (not just the pants!)
- I have some things that need handling. If it looks decent and is finished, I will donate or give away (my mom LOVED the M6886 and M6844 dress and cardi I sent her!). If they are in UFO jail; they need to be finished or tossed. If they need to be tossed...save the notions! I have three(!) zippers cut out of failed pants. I need to just unpick the stitches and boom, zippers!
I didn't mind the daily pics but knew I'd never post daily to the blog; and Instagram was the perfect medium for that. Also, next time I'll do calendar weeks like normal humans. :)
Until next year!!
My May wrap up:
- Lady Skater - 2 yards. (eggplant knit--I made this for DD. Plus the yard I ruined by mis-cutting)
- S1699 dress - 2 yards (mint cotton/poly woven--also for DD)
- BSM 06/2014 #121 tunic - 2 yards (windowpane cotton/poly shirting--also for DD)
- M6844 cardi - 2 yards (white knit)
- S1430 shorts - 1 yard (denim)
- S2153 jacket - 2.75 yards (black waterproof fabric--still in progress, but cut in May)
- M6519 top - 1 yard (teal challis--still in progress, but cut in May)
then...I had wadder after wadder after wadder this month
- NL 6110 top - 1.5 yards (white cotton w/circles--not fully a wadder but won't make it into the wardrobe)
- Lekala top - 1 .25 yards (white knit)
- M6744 dress - 1.5 yards (multi colored print ITY--I think the skirt can be salvaged and used for something else!)
- M6866 top - 1.25 yards (bright yellow knit :sadface: )
And in limbo:
- M6961 top - 1.5 yards (floral chiffon--not sure yet if my FBA worked. I need to find a lining fabric to finish sewing it up)
20.75 yards out this month, 6.5 yards as wadders and 6.5 yards for DD; plus 5.25 yards as in progress. Sooooo 3 yards worth of wearable items for me!?!? LOL!!!!
Fabric purchases were also quite rough.
26.75 yards purchased but 6.25 was NOT quite what I was expecting. So I'm pretty much at parity again. Yay! Of the 6.25; 1 will become pj shorts (too thin for 'real' shorts which is what I bought it for), 3 will become 'muslin' for knits (if I decide to muslin a knit. If it sits too long, I will give it away). We'll see if the others become more worthy as they age in the stash :)
Let's show off the good stuff...
I'm going to go out on a limb and say my favorite May make will be my black jacket when it's finished. It is coming along REALLY nicely and I am super proud of my work.