Monday, October 6, 2014

Random Post #817

That's a made up number. I often make up numbers and they almost always have a 7 in them. 7 is my favorite number!! :)

First, THANK YOU everyone for all of your kind thoughts on my winning last week's challenge!!!

I had an amazing time with my mom and brothers (and one of my sister-in-laws!) in Chicago this weekend. Friday night I got 2.5 hours of sleep! 2.5! It was crazy but felt so good. I ate copious amounts of bad-for-you Chicago-style food. I had pineapple soda!!! Mmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! And I got to see a cousin who is now 20 years old that I haven't seen since she was about 2.

I usually look but don't buy when I'm there because their sales tax is north of 9% and here we have no tax on clothing or shoes. I really(!) liked this pair of Sorel's but I can totally buy these anywhere.


But then I saw this and we no longer have Wilson's Leather stores near me so I grabbed this beauty


I got home and had a FabricMart order; I don't have a picture. I got 3 yds of the same black/white stripe I made the asymmetrical Burda tee from, 1.5 yds of winter white pinwale corduroy to make a skirt and 4 yds of white ponte.

Then today I got a package from an Instagrammer. A great assortment of patterns! I only own 2 of them already so it was super cool to get some new patterns for the stash.


There is a saga to tell this week about my FabricMart bundle challenge outfit - that'll be Thursday. After I finished my outfit I needed to sew something. I needed something easy but not fast and chose to cut my other Butterick 6104 jacket. There's no rush on this one :)



This as far as I got. Well...I also have the other pieces pinned and ready to sew. 

Lastly, be sure to check out the new Vogue patterns! It's mostly holiday dresses and then a few other odd (to me) patterns.  Nothing stands out for me as a 'must buy'. 

I keep begin swayed by raglan tops/tees. They're just so cute! But I have at least 4 or 5 already and I know it's not the best for my narrow shoulders. (LOOK at that last view!). Sigh...


I really like this Tilton jacket (not the fabric chosen for the photo though). I might buy this one.



Do you have any new patterns you're itching to buy from the Winter collection!?

15 comments:

  1. I'm being strongly drawn to that Tilton jacket you show above for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will see some great renditions of that one!

      Delete
  2. I too have my eyes on a pair of Sorels for the winter. The Marcy Tilton jacket is really nice but it is the Marcy Tilton skirt (Vogue 9060) that I really want. Other than that most of the winter / holiday patterns won't go with the Sorels I want to add to this year's winter wardrobe ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that skirt too Graca! I just know I don't really have anywhere to wear it.

      Agreed on the dresses. Pretty but not useful :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, glad you grabbed that leather jacket because it is so YOU! Next time you come to Chicago, you should give me a call and we'll go fabric shopping :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I FORGOT!

      Email me! I will be there for a week for work this month!

      Delete
  4. I like the Marcy Tilton skirt. But I think I would prefer it in a woven. Not sure about that waistband...I like the layered T-shirt that Tilton did too. I think I would prefer those in black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to find those boots! Look forward to seeing that jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pineapple soda sounds kind of awesome! Glad you had a good weekend; you needed it.

    Nice of that Instagrammer! I'm digging that Tracy Reese pattern. Looking forward to seeing what you came up with for FM and also dig that StyleArc pattern!

    Was pretty underwhelmed by the new Vogues. :( There was only one dress I liked, that seemed way more suited for any season but Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even a pop drinker but that stuff is like liquid crack. Mmmmmm. With crispy fried chicken and french fries. MMMMM! Hahahaha!

      I did need it. Really. I agree that a lot of the collection was ho-hum.

      Delete
  7. I keep being swayed by Raglan tops too! : ) I'm glad you had a good time in Chicago. Best wishes for the challenge this week. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all did with your mystery bundles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am stalking the blogs of my co-conspirators waiting to see if anyone posts today! :)

      I have mine ready to go...once Julie posts on the FM blog I'll make it live!

      Delete
  8. I like raglan tops too but like you, I don't find them flattering for my narrow shoulders. I also am very busty. The lines just emphasize all the wrong places!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!