Friday, October 31, 2014

October Wrap-up and Sewvember

Where on earth did this month go!?!

I felt like I 'didn't sew a lot' but with the end of the Fabric Mart contest, I still have impressive yardage out for October. Yay!

This month, I sewed:
  • B6104 jacket in brown wool - 2 yards (WIP)
  • V8932 jacket in black - 1.75 yards contest sewing
  • V9032 pants in stone suiting - 2 yards contest sewing
  • S1364 top in ivory cotton sateen - 1.5 yards contest sewing
  • NL6150 tee in white - 1.5 yards (complete wadder - this fabric was horrific. I thought I'd finally found a decent white tshirt weight knit. Nope. I took it off and threw it in the trash immediately after sewing it.)
  • S2255 top in white gauze - 1.5 yards (WIP)
  • NL6123 dress in blue print ponte - 1.75 yards
  • NL6189 skirt in floral denim - 1.25 yards (for my daughter)
  • RTW copied top in taupe jersey - 1.5 yards 
  • S1687 dress in black poly/cotton blend - 3 yards (for my daughter)
  • V1411 pants in black ponte - 1.5
  • B5789 cardigan in tribal print sweater knit - 2 yards
That's a total of 21.25 yards out. 

B6104 and S2255 were both started while the contest was going and are awaiting finishing. S2255 just needs a new collar and sleeves. I had the collar super nice and realized it was sewn on backwards (interfacing was on the OUTSIDE). HA! B6104 has a long way to go and I'm going to have to just get it sewn. It has a lot of pieces and I am not very far along on it.

3.5 yards in-progress sewing, 4.25 yards sewn for my daughter, 5.25 yards for the contest and 1.5 yards in a wadder is why I feel like I didn't "sew a lot"! But as usual, I totally did. :)

This month's favorite garment has to be the V9032 pants. I have had them in my wardrobe for just over 2 weeks and have worn them like 4 times. They fit so well. I had an inspection at work this week on a burned piece of machinery. I got soot on my pants :-( Here's hoping it comes out in the wash!

(I unceremoniously spent ALL of my FabricMart winnings already. Soooo be looking for a fabric stash post!)

I can't even begin to count yardage in right now. So let's just move right along. I have also added a crap-ton of patterns to the stash both via purchases and via a fellow sewers destash! She was so sweet to send me all these patterns after I picked up a couple Simplicity patterns for her and sending them to Canada. She was going to get rid of these and asked if I wanted them - YEP!



******************************

Are you wondering what the heck Sewvember is?! Well, I am all over fun stuff like OWOP (WISH I could've participated this year!), MMM and the like so when I saw Bimble and Pimble's post about "Sevember", I was giddy.


C'mon! You know how much those of us in the sewing community love to share!!! :)

I'm not on Twitter but am on IG (sewcraftychemist) and will post their daily. I wouldn't think of posting on the blog daily! :-p But will post an update every 6 days (which would be 5 posts total). 

15 comments:

  1. I'm tired just looking at all you sewed up :P I need you to bottle some of that energy and mail it to me - I'll even pay postage!
    Those patterns all look great :) and I'm excited that you used all your FabricMart winnings! Yay fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha!

      I have one more package coming on Monday. Woohoo!

      Delete
  2. You had an awesome sewing month! I'm looking forward to your stash post to see what you bought from your FabricMart winnings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another whirlwind month!

      There's some good stuff! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Bunny,

      I am a crazy, sewing lady. :-p

      Delete
  4. I cannot believe you sewed that much in ONE month! It is a lovely inspiration for me, who has lost a bit of her sewing mojo. :( I mean I enjoy it so much when I'm doing it, it's the sitting down to do it that seems to be lacking. I'm taking part in Sewvember as well. It's been fun, so far!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally a normal month for me, which is crazy. I know! :)

      I am like that sometimes. I have no desire to sew but once I get in there, the mojo revs up. Sewvember is so cool!

      Delete
  5. You sew so much!! And all fabulous things! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...21 yards out! I'm only averaging about 12 out a month (per my handy dandy spreadsheet). You are a sewing BEAST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And OH NO, your white knit that you finally thought was going to be good sucked? POOP.

      Delete
    2. Yes. stupid not good white knit. Booooo!

      Delete
  7. I just found your post, and wow! You amaze me every month! The patterns look really neat, and I don't blame you for spending your FM credit already. I'm sure you got some great things, I love buying from them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! :) I am all thrilled over my fabric picks! :-D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!