Wednesday, November 5, 2014

FABRIC (a whole bunch of it)!!!!

In the wise words of Carolyn, I will let the photos speak...

hahaha!

I went off the deep end. I got my FabricMart money and placed two orders, and then I went HAM!

Order 1 arrived:


And I was all...ooooooh. pretty.

A DREAMY cotton shirting in blue, a cotton plaid shirting, a beautifully bright printed twill bottomweight, cotton voile, A lightweight striped sweater knit, and the tribal sweater knit that has already been sewn!

(If you don't do this, I highly recommend that after petting your new fabric you wash them so they can be ready to sew when you feel like it!)

Thennnn, order 2 arrived! Remember the suiting sale? Uh-huh.


A windopane plaid and an inky black - both wool blends


grey on grey pin stripe and a linen blend


a grey herringbone (ready to become V9032!)


A light pinstripe. I'm unsure about this one. It'll have to grow on me in the stash


This fabric makes me HAPPY! I have 4.5 yards of it. I want slim pants and a slim fitting blazer. That will wait for spring.

Orders 2 and 3 are blurred because like, I ordered 2 days apart and they arrived on the same day.


I bypassed this fabric twice and then Ann sewed it up here. I immediately called to add 2 yards to my order! Yay me!


Rayon challis that is friggin amazing! I bought this to make pajamas.


Love. Love. Love. This will sit until summer but it's an ITY that has a bold black/white grid print and then the floral pattern over it. It's so pretty!


I bought this to make the Belle Bow blouse but I think it's too similar in overall scheme to what I made. It will find a pattern at some point, I'm sure.


I love chambray and at $2.99 I snatched up a healthy amount of this one. 


I like the print but somehow the fact that it is a burnout escaped me. It will be used, just not for what I thought.


This jersey doesn't feel nice :( Sad because it's such a pretty print. I'm going to sew up a new pattern with it. If it's wearable, we'll see if I can tolerate the scratchy feeling. If it is not wearable well, no love lost.


Can we just back track a bit? 

I knew I wanted to make new (pretty) pajamas and when the "unique prints" kept going on sale I decided to snatch some up for pjs. I thought this border print would be so cool...have the top transition between prints 1 and 2 and the shorts between prints 2 and 3. So I chose that rayon challis.

And it came.

And I opened it up.

And, OH MY GOSH! This fabric is absolutely gorgeous! 


From Fabric Mart's site (FOUND HERE)


I just want to STARE at it!!! :-) I wish I had like 5 more yards of it! Once I touched it all I could envision was a gorgeous kimono style robe. DRATS!



Some of these will be stashed until their turn arrives...others will become garments like, NOW!!

I think November will be a bit slower for me than most months, but that's okay. I have like 12 days off at the end of the year and will make up for it then ;-)