Friday, November 21, 2014

Italian Fashion Exhibit

A few of us in the Minne-SEW-ta Facebook group were talking about checking out the exhibit that's currently at Minneapolis Institute of Arts. I didn't get a chance to hook up with anyone but then I found out that yesterday was "free member day" and we could see the exhibit for FREE (vs. $20!).

So I HAD to go!

First; I wanted something fun to wear. I went just a tad bit out of the box for me and sewed up Burda 6919 in black ponte. It was quick and easy and I hope to get some better pics and write a review soon!


One of my favorites was this Missoni sweater coat with a cape. It was FANTASTIC and I really, really wanted to reach out and touch it!


It's hiding in the corner but in the mean time, check out that crazy Moschino jacket!! :)



Hubby didn't get my fascination with this Fabiani suit. It's pretty freaking awesome though!


Then there is this Laug work of art. This coat y'all...oh my gosh.




Save for the crazy fabric, this Miu Miu coat was stunning




This Pucci tunic and shorts was pretty amazing. This was encased in glass and again, if only I could touch it!


Aaaaaand there's this Fendi coat. It's fur. With each of those as tiny individual pieces. Of Fur. 


What surprised me most is that I'm not really "in to fashion" yet there were some items where I immediately knew who designed them.

And this morning, when I could not recall the designer of the caped coat, I pictured the style and the plaid and then I knew it was Missoni. And then was able to Google it.

So, it's kind of like that scene from Devil Wears Prada; we are ALL immersed in the fashion industry whether we realize it or not! :)