I made the tan pair.
This fabric is AWESOME
Then the charcoal heather pair.
this fabric is pilling :(
Then the denim pair.
Then the black pair which I never reviewed because...what new thing was there to say?!
I wish I had 27 yards of this fabric. I wear these All.The.Time.
I made the blue pair when I made my suit
But then I realized this wool/poly/lycra grows. And grows and grows.
So while the jacket is okay, the pants and skirt are a bust for that reason. They're like 2 sizes bigger by the end of the day :( This fabric should've been reserved for something else. Live and learn, right?
Next I decided I should make the other view and used a dark teal/blue fabric.
I took these out of my wardrobe and then put them back.
We shall see...That pleating at the waist isn't my favorite
I'd detailed my August sewing plans (which were almost completely executed...) and this gray suiting was slated for another pair of V9032. I wanted another light colored pant after the suiting pants became a fail.
I was gearing up for an afternoon walk; thus the Farmer's Market tee :)
This pair has pockets (that makes 4 with, 3 without). I have to redraft that pocket or maybe try a welt. They just don't sit right...Bleh. But I needed the pockets!!!
No real changes other than making these fit a little more on the snug side. I've gotten really serious now (I started and fell off early this year) about losing weight for my knees. I'm down just under 6 lbs this month so I didn't want to end up not being able to fit them soon after making them.
This fabric feels really nice so, let's hope they last awhile!
Insides are all serged, hem was catchstitched by hand, Oh! I still need to make the buttonhole on the underflap thingy.
I've mentioned it before but, I just love making pants a "weekly" project. A little bit of time goes a LONG way to getting them finished.
- Sunday I cut them out (I just had enough fabric so there is no pattern matching).
- Monday I did the pockets.
- Tuesday I did the zipper and attached the waistband (I attach them to the individual pieces and sew a continuous seam rather than assemble the pants first).
- Wednesday I basted the side seams and sewed/serged all the other seams.
- Thursday I sewed the side seams.
- Friday I altered the side seams :-p, attached the facing (sewed, understitched, stitched in the ditch) and hemmed them.
- Saturday I sewed the hook & eye.
I have to make another dress for my daughter (seniors ladies wear black on the 1st day of school) and I was thinking of abandoning my other August plans to get a kick start on my September plans...but then I got the urge to knit. So I'm working on a hat :)