Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Spring Vogues!

They're here! They showed previews on social media, getting everyone all pumped up!

I was flipping through them yesterday and was bored :/ Not much is my aesthetic in this release; but that's okay, right???

Two MUST haves:

1440, a DK pattern that doesn't seem too exciting until you look at the lines


THAT JACKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the top too!

1436, an AK wardrobe pattern


I don't know if I can be swayed from 9032 but these pants have a similar type of shape and I like the welts. The star, imo, is the blouse. VERY pretty and abundant with interesting details.



I want to sew that top NOW.

Cute but...

9075, a dress and jumpsuit pattern


I like the drawing better than the live model or the tech drawing; so I probably won't buy this one. Unless I see it done up in a fabulous way.


Most of the rest of the collection wasn't interesting to me at all. 

9076 seems indicative of where spring is heading; everyone will be wearing 5 yards of fabric on them at any given time.



and I love a peplum but for the love of all that is good in the world please just STOP!

9084

*****************

Because I have major sewing attention deficit; I have abandoned all in-progress sewing after coming across this lace:


And deciding to sew this dress:

I cut and assembled the front pieces only as I was SO excited to see how it would read


I'm wearing it Saturday so it will be finished post-haste!

(NL 6261, nude colored ponte, slightly metallic non-stretch lace, sleeves will be left sheer)

28 comments:

  1. LOL we like the same patterns. I ordered mine last night before the sale was over lol. Your dress is going to be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had pretty much the same take on this collection. You picked out a couple of nice patterns that I missed. My overall assessment was "Some nice details in some of those, but overall, not really my style."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your assessment matches mine precisely. I am totally meh about this release.

      Delete
  3. That v1436 top looks like the In House Diana pattern. Thanks for the glimpse of new Vogue's.

    I have major sewing attention deficit too. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the jacket in the Ralph Rucci suit. I think some back tweaks are going to make it work for me and my folks.
    Maybe I could add a peplum ......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we have similar taste in clothing. I liked the ones you selected with 2-3 additions. I couldn't stop staring at V1438, I guess someone could make it their own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't see the patterns until this morning so I missed the sale last night. I'm going to have to wait until they go on sale again since I have quite the list of wants. I with you on the peplum top though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Donna Karan pattern also caught my attention. But I'd alter the waterfall front of the jacket (such a tired look as far as I'm concerned) and, while I LOVE the back of that blouse, I could never wear it. But it's GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I love the Rucci jacket that others are raving about.

      Delete
  8. I'm really not seeing too much that I like with this collection. I thought with seeing the preview, that Vogue was going to release a great collection, but I feel kind of meh about...Just my two cents worth lol..I do like a few out of this collection, but so far McCall's is doing it for me this Spring.. Let's see what Butterick has in store, but not holding my breath for that one lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's pretty bland too! shhhhh! :)

      I liked several things in the last Butterick release but the release last spring was kind of blah. We shall see!

      Delete
    2. I didn't like it much either! I liked the yellow Kay Unger dress and some aspects of the Donna Karan outfit, but that's about it!

      Delete
  9. I was totally unimpressed as well.. But now you have me rethinking V1440..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That DK outfit is calling me. I was pretty pleased with the new offerings but many wouldn't work in my real world which is quite casual. Appreciate your opinions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunny :) That outfit is pretty perfect!

      Delete
  11. I do not need any more patterns!! Oooh - Vogue patterns

    1436 is so pretty!

    I do not need any more patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You commentary on new patterns always brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I live for new Vogues and I was thoroughly disappointed. I like the same ones you picked. I think I'll give the culottes jumpsuit a try sans sleeves. Your dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica!

      I am all the way meh. But, I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time, right!? :) I am trying to vibe with the jumpsuit; belted with sky-high heels just may do it!

      Delete
  15. Love the first two, especially the DK pattern, they never fail to impress me. The dress looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excitement! Thank you so much - I've emailed you my details - such a lovely surprise - imagine me grinning widely and jumping up & down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally agree about that jacket! Love the lines.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!