Thursday, January 29, 2015

January Wrap Up


This month I sewed:
  • Style Arc Sandra jeans - 1.5 yds
  • Vogue 8597 top in navy ITY and animal print jersey - 3.25 yds
  • Vogue 9032 pants - 2.25 yds
  • In House Kimono tee - 1 yd
  • McCall's 6996 cardigan - 7 yds (photos to come, promise!)
    1. grey/cream striped French Terry-2 yds
    2. navy wool jersey - 1.75 yds
    3. animal print jersey - 1.75 yds (for my mom)
    4. animal print ponte - 1.5 yds (for my dd)
  • New Look 6261 lace/ponte dress - 2.75 yds
  • Burda 1/2015 #108 skirt - 2.5 yds

That's 20.25 yards out this month!

2 cardigans
1 dress
3 tops
2 pants
1 skirt
2 gifts

Favorite: Has to be my black V9032 pants. That fabric is divine and I wish I had MORE of it.

Biggest accomplishment: my jeans! Of course!! I am waiting (IMPATIENTLY!) on the PR jeans contest to sew another pair.

Fail: Miraculously; I have no wadders this month! Let us cheer!! If I had to choose a fail, I'd choose the french terry cardigan. The fabric is like, scrumptious but it isn't as awesome as I pictured it in my head. I'm still trying to figure out how I can make it better.

Because 1) I hate picture-less posts (idk why) and 2) I may have gone fabric shopping...Here are a couple of pics of things I'm excited to get my grubby little paws on









18 comments:

  1. That sweater knit looks divine. Can't wait to see it made up,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your the bomb !!! So many wonderful things you've made in I e months time ! I'm sooooo impressed .
    I love the white /navy diamond ITY . Can't wait to see what it will be 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that lace dress! It looks just like the photo. Also, I am amazed by your productivity! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some wonderful Jan garments.
    Fabric...oh how..looking at it..just makes you want to buy more.ha\Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great start. you're making me feel incredibly idle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always impressed with how much you sew. And I agree with a lot of other commenters here, that sweater knit is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that sweater knit!! Must go buy some now. :) Your month looks great! What a super start to 2015

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome month! I can't wait to see the animal print cardigans. I've made two of M6996 myself, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you find the time to sew so many items in one month?? I need to step my game up, I want to be like you when I grow up lol! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you find the time to sew so many items in one month?? I need to step my game up, I want to be like you when I grow up lol! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an awesome output of garments in one month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're such a fast sewer. Amazing. And that sweater knit looks lovely. I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fabrics looks super soft. 20yards already and January isn't over yet..Get it!!Can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You sewed quite a lot this month. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, some one has really had a busy January! Can't wait to see what you do in February...My guess is it will be equally exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's no way you are a mom and wife with a job outside the home! You either don't sleep or have an awesome time management system going. That's awesome how many garments you completed this month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That was one productive month! Wonderful !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!