Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Finished Items: McCall's 6844 and Sew Active Perfect Tank (Pattern Test)

Starting Saturday, McCall's are on sale at Hancock (5/$7 I think). Go get this one...seriously!

McCall's 6844 is described as "Close-fitting cardigans (do not meet at center front) have collar extending into front band, and narrow hem." There are 4 views, 2 are peplums and 2 aren't; there are 2 lengths included.

I had to trace y'all. Me. I traced this pattern. The views are all connected, with cutting lines. I want to make 3 of 4 views (A, B, & C), so I had to trace. Boooo!



This time around, I made view A. This goes together FAST. If you're more confident than I am, you can construct it on your serger. Front, Back (cut on fold), Collar (cut 2, 1 is the facing) and Sleeve. Easy. Peasy.

I used black ponte and it fits like a dream (Pattern Review HERE).

Silly faces and overexposed to show detail.

Gotta have it labeled! Tiny hem on the sleeve, cool curved hem around the back.

A winter white version is cut and ready to sew!!! A printed slinky knit is on the way for view C! The sleeves were short and I don't have monkey arms...I added 1" on the sleeve length for future versions. Otherwise, a treat to sew!

Next up, I was excited to pattern test for Sew Active Patterns and got the pattern 8/28. And then spent all of September in a crappy state. So I forgot and missed her deadline. When she contacted me, I offered to pay for the pattern, I felt horrible! She said no to the offer and told me to get to it when I can. And then I forgot :( I suck.

BUT(!) this (paper) pattern was trimmed, taped together, traced off, sewed, served and hemmed in 90 minutes. This is an active knit and the medium is pretty close fitting. I will adapt this for regular 2-way stretch knits and make it bigger (by adding a bit at CF/CB since they're both cut on the fold, and a bit at the side seams). Her instructions called for turn and stitch; I will probably make arm and neck bands. 

Her PR Review HERE, Facebook page HERE



Finally, B5678 is trying to get itself thrown in the trash. Never serge while tired. 


Then, I got it serged and was going to topstitch. Uhmm, yeah. THOSE stitches need to be pulled out. The princess seams were folded in a bit and it looks terrible. I will not let this shirt beat me!!!!