Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Fabric Hoarding -err Stashing and Sewing Plans

I ordered fabric this week. It's not even HERE yet but I'm so excited about it that I cannot wait to talk about what I'm going to make with it!

I'd been looking for a non-seersucker nautical inspired fabric for either a shirt or shorts. That classic blue and white can go with SO many colors and well, I just have to have it.

SQUEE!!!!! 
 
Sailbots and seagulls! I mean, really!

I'm going to make another Simplicity 2255 and plan to use some solid navy poplin for the collar facing, button-side of the button band and the sleeve tabs - IF it matches this blue. I know that's potentially tough...matching a navy. We will see.

Also on the way is "lime sorbet" stretch twill.

They should just name ALL the fabrics after food...

 
That shirt will pair with the lime sorbet well.
And coral.
And red.
And yellow.
And white.

I need to get Dougie's jacket finished before this fabric comes so I can start sewing!

I also plan to make the jacket from the June Burda this month. I was hemming and hawing over a fabric to use and decided that the denim I bought was too heavy. But then I found this awesome denim drill that I forgot I had in stash!!!

It's almost exactly the same color as this. I think I'll attempt to quilt the contrast area.

Lastly I have become obsessed with the (old) S2443 pattern

I've made the dress before and LOVE it. I plan to make another one in a striped knit with solid strap and waistband.

And the jacket too but in a cornflower yellow(?) cotton suiting. They won't be made to match but...I want that jacket. Sure I could make it in grey or black or something a bit more neutral but...nope.

That'll probably get me through June. No? ;-)


32 comments:

  1. You really caught my eye with that 'lime sorbet'. I'm a sucker for stretch wovens and lime is one of my favorite summer colors. Great sewing projects planned--I'll be waiting to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get it in my hot little hands Robin!

      Delete
    2. I went and ordered the lime fabric too (along with a few others--hanging my head in shame), but FM is having a good sale. I'll be saying that when the box arrives. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! Great patterns and fabric! I love the anticipation of getting new fabrics in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guilty of ordering fabric last night as well (even though there is a stack of fabric in my sewing/laundry room that is almost over my head!). The anticipation of future projects makes me feel "SQUEEE" too:) I look forward to seeing your new makes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I didn't "'need" to order more stuff but...yeah. ;)

      Delete
  4. That nautical fabric is fa-boo! Also, quilting the contrast on that jacket is going to look amazing, looking forward to seeing your make. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!

      I'd better trace off my pattern for that jacket.

      Delete
  5. I just put 2443 on top of my pile of patterns for potential making this summer! And HELLO sailboats & seagulls, you are so adorbz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's make it!!! :-) thanks! I am practically jumping up and down

      Delete
    2. I want in!! I made two skirts (=P) in two (or three...) days and want a jacket to go along with it. I also finished my floral print jacket, worked on a blouse muslin, and started another coat! Who's the SASSSG now?? Muahahahaha...

      Delete
    3. Let's do it ladies!!

      OMG you are rocking and rolling L!!! You must've drank the kool-aid! :-D

      Delete
  6. Great fabric choices. I can't wait to see the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am wearing my Simplicity 1696's today. I love that pattern! Great fabric choices- can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice!

      Seems like a pretty popular pattern!

      Delete
  8. I got 2443 in a Pattern Pyramid and it's on my summer list (the dress). However I don't even have it cut yet...better get on that! I definitely need some more strapless dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had that nautical fabric on my "maybe later" list for a few weeks, but so far have resisted pulling the trigger. You'll have to post about it once it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just dying for that nautical fabric.. Where did you get it? I can not wait to see your shirt.. and knowing you , it will not take you long at all,ha
    The lime sorbet is perfect..It will look so good with everything!!!
    I haven't been in the sewing room in awhile.. You just enticed me..Gotta head in there.ha
    Happy sewing..
    ps its ok to order more fabric...just think how happy it makes us..and makes us nicer to the ones around us.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make life easier for THEM when I buy fabric!! :-)

      All of this stuff is coming from FabricMart!

      Delete
    2. THank you.. I think I am fixing to head to Fabric Mart..

      Delete
  11. I myself have gotten two HUGE orders from FabricMart over the past week or so....hangs head in shame. But boy was I excited like a kid on Christmas morning, LOL. It's been so much fun going through my boxes...I have got to stop all of the email notifications.

    I can't wait to see your finished projects. You have some nice fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it exciting?! The anticipation of opening the boxes and petting the fabric! Ahhhhhhh

      Delete
  12. Beautiful fabric! As fast as you sew, it won't be long before you have them all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a list as long as my arm! Oy!

      Delete
  13. Great fabrics, can't wait to see them made up. I love that pattern and have sewn both the jacket and dress multiple times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I know! LOL!!!! I love all of your versions!

      Delete
  14. Nice plan!! I really like S2443 too. I tell myself every summer I am going to make it. I look forward to seeing your version. Your fabric looks awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made two dresses from S2443 right after it came out, one that I continue to wear. It's earmarked to be made again because it's so effortless to make and wear! Plus I keep toying around with making the jacket, the only thing is I'd make it in leather like the original.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!