Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Fabric Hoarding -err Stashing and Sewing Plans

I ordered fabric this week. It's not even HERE yet but I'm so excited about it that I cannot wait to talk about what I'm going to make with it!

I'd been looking for a non-seersucker nautical inspired fabric for either a shirt or shorts. That classic blue and white can go with SO many colors and well, I just have to have it.

SQUEE!!!!! 
 
Sailbots and seagulls! I mean, really!

I'm going to make another Simplicity 2255 and plan to use some solid navy poplin for the collar facing, button-side of the button band and the sleeve tabs - IF it matches this blue. I know that's potentially tough...matching a navy. We will see.

Also on the way is "lime sorbet" stretch twill.

They should just name ALL the fabrics after food...

 
That shirt will pair with the lime sorbet well.
And coral.
And red.
And yellow.
And white.

I need to get Dougie's jacket finished before this fabric comes so I can start sewing!

I also plan to make the jacket from the June Burda this month. I was hemming and hawing over a fabric to use and decided that the denim I bought was too heavy. But then I found this awesome denim drill that I forgot I had in stash!!!

It's almost exactly the same color as this. I think I'll attempt to quilt the contrast area.

Lastly I have become obsessed with the (old) S2443 pattern

I've made the dress before and LOVE it. I plan to make another one in a striped knit with solid strap and waistband.

And the jacket too but in a cornflower yellow(?) cotton suiting. They won't be made to match but...I want that jacket. Sure I could make it in grey or black or something a bit more neutral but...nope.

That'll probably get me through June. No? ;-)