Sunday, June 15, 2014

Finished Item: S2153 and My Genius Moment

I got a lot of laughs on the last post! :-)




Simplicity 2153, size 10. No alterations to the pattern.

The only thing I would do differently for her is lengthen it below the waist casing. *just* a little bit...which would allow me to make the pockets slightly deeper which would be nice for her long hands. But she is in love with it!

Love the bright contrast!

TWINSIES!!!! :)

Speaking of long hands...
My hand atop my 14 year old's hand

Why am I genius you ask?




Yes, this is an accurate representation of how large my living room is.

And it has sat, unused, since we moved in last July. 

I decided to move my machines upstairs (ironing board too). My fabric and notions and cutting table are still downstairs. I told them it's for summer, because I enjoy the natural light.

but that's only partially true

Remember how, on Memorial Day, I brought the sewing machine to the dining room table in order to work on DDs shirt while my brother was visiting? Well the machine has been there ever since. And I have sewn a ton. A TON. And guess what? Not one of the people I live with has complained.

I'm "there".
I'm "present".
They can see me.

Today I spent over 4 hours working on her jacket. No complaints. The kids were in there for at least half of the time, probably more and my husband was in there for quite awhile too. I realized it was me "going away" to the basement that made everyone whiny sad.

So I cut downstairs and put the fabric, directions, zipper, buttons, cording, elastic, etc in a basket and worked from the basket. Worked perfectly. 

*********
Lastly, I terribly miss my Papa. I hate that they live so far away :-(

Happy Father's Day to a super awesome dad!

The morning of my junior prom