Wednesday, June 18, 2014

New Acquisition...and STASH!

First things first...Please understand that I was not, in anyway, disparaging PR or the hard work of Deepika et al! I totally get that it is a ton of effort that I can't even begin to quantify or understand. I respect that completely. Since posting, more tweaks have been made and the stark white is gone from the forums (which is where I think the issue with the extra brightness lied).

Also, I would never say I'm leaving PR as a user because of the change. That's just crazy. I love PR! There is nothing like it! And I'm not even as extra crazy about Ravelry as the general masses seem to be so I don't make that comparison. I just honestly felt like the functionality did not see a huge improvement and so it's like...okay...

At any rate, I'm getting back into the swing of things over there and GREATLY appreciate everyone weighing in! I love to dialogue and seeing/hearing others' opinions is very valuable.

********************************

Sooo I have added eleventy-seven thousand yards to stash this month. You think that is a made-up number, don't you? Well it isn't. Nope. It's not.

From a destash on PR. Rayon challis at $1/yd! I scooped up 4 yards

 Teal ITY, kelly green ponte, lime sorbet *yumm* stretch twill, print sateen
(that print sateen is begging to become a funky version of S2451 view C)

The hard to photograph shirting with sailboats and seagulls. It's so cute. Seriously!

Solid Marc Jacobs poplin in navy and olive (yes, that is olive. Crazy sunlight)

Solid ponte in banana and seafoam

Striped ponte! orange, seafoam (but it doesn't match the solid like I hoped), 
aqua/grey, watermelon. The watermelon needs to grow on me. It's kinda bubblegum.

That note is because there are two small (!) spots so I got extra yardage and a note to call if I can't work around it. Chris is theeee best!

Waterproof Marc Jacobs poplin. I have another unlined jacket pattern in mind for this one. 

So many sewing plans...so little time :)

Aaaaaaaand!!!!!!!


I've wanted a vintage machine soooo badly. I had no clue what to look for though and would think about it only passively. And this one just fell in my lap. Well, not literally...cause that would hurt.

My husband's job has an internal classified section and a guy that works there is relocating and downsizing. They are basically selling everything in their house. The wife sews and has been hanging on to this guy since forever. She apparently has a shiny new Pfaff that she's come to prefer. The machine works and has an array of attachments (I should get to play with it this weekend!). Based on my sloppy internet research, it looks to be in Kenmore's 158 model series. And she sold it to us for $10. Even if it didn't work, I would have bought it for $10. Because it's cool. So. Cool.