Wednesday, June 18, 2014

New Acquisition...and STASH!

First things first...Please understand that I was not, in anyway, disparaging PR or the hard work of Deepika et al! I totally get that it is a ton of effort that I can't even begin to quantify or understand. I respect that completely. Since posting, more tweaks have been made and the stark white is gone from the forums (which is where I think the issue with the extra brightness lied).

Also, I would never say I'm leaving PR as a user because of the change. That's just crazy. I love PR! There is nothing like it! And I'm not even as extra crazy about Ravelry as the general masses seem to be so I don't make that comparison. I just honestly felt like the functionality did not see a huge improvement and so it's like...okay...

At any rate, I'm getting back into the swing of things over there and GREATLY appreciate everyone weighing in! I love to dialogue and seeing/hearing others' opinions is very valuable.

********************************

Sooo I have added eleventy-seven thousand yards to stash this month. You think that is a made-up number, don't you? Well it isn't. Nope. It's not.

From a destash on PR. Rayon challis at $1/yd! I scooped up 4 yards

 Teal ITY, kelly green ponte, lime sorbet *yumm* stretch twill, print sateen
(that print sateen is begging to become a funky version of S2451 view C)

The hard to photograph shirting with sailboats and seagulls. It's so cute. Seriously!

Solid Marc Jacobs poplin in navy and olive (yes, that is olive. Crazy sunlight)

Solid ponte in banana and seafoam

Striped ponte! orange, seafoam (but it doesn't match the solid like I hoped), 
aqua/grey, watermelon. The watermelon needs to grow on me. It's kinda bubblegum.

That note is because there are two small (!) spots so I got extra yardage and a note to call if I can't work around it. Chris is theeee best!

Waterproof Marc Jacobs poplin. I have another unlined jacket pattern in mind for this one. 

So many sewing plans...so little time :)

Aaaaaaaand!!!!!!!


I've wanted a vintage machine soooo badly. I had no clue what to look for though and would think about it only passively. And this one just fell in my lap. Well, not literally...cause that would hurt.

My husband's job has an internal classified section and a guy that works there is relocating and downsizing. They are basically selling everything in their house. The wife sews and has been hanging on to this guy since forever. She apparently has a shiny new Pfaff that she's come to prefer. The machine works and has an array of attachments (I should get to play with it this weekend!). Based on my sloppy internet research, it looks to be in Kenmore's 158 model series. And she sold it to us for $10. Even if it didn't work, I would have bought it for $10. Because it's cool. So. Cool.


20 comments:

  1. I'm going to come round to your house and purloin your fabric. If you hear footsteps in the middle of the night, it's not your kids sneaking around it's me, stealing your stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Literally a laugh-out-loud moment!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! For what you ask? For buying up anything that remotely tempted me at Fabric Mart. Now that I know the fabric has a good home, I can stop worrying! *LOL* Girl, you bought fabric! Bet it was fun when that box arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahahaha! Glad I could be of service! :-p

      I was like a junkie trying to get in that box!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh what beautiful fabric.. I want all those stripes.. and just all of it. hahahhaa.. I am trying sooooooo hard, to use stash I have.. But , all these beautiful fabrics are REALLY tempting me.. [Are you beginning to feel sorry for me yet? lol]
    Can't wait to see what you make..
    What a great find ..on your sewing machine.. Know your excited.. I have my first sewing machine that Kenny bought for me, the first year we were married.. and that is 42 years ago.. Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nakisha,
    I like the changes on PR a lot. I am so glad that awful peuce has been reduced. I know that the original colors have significance in the Indian culture, but, I could not stand thoes colors.
    I am still playing around with the changes, but overall I like them.
    I love all of your striped ponte...I will have to pay attention to the PR classifieds.
    on another note, I have nominated you fir a Liebster /award. go here to find out more: http://www.susansewsdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Okay, so I know what I'm going to do Friday, fabric shop of course lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful fabric, I love that printed sateen!! and YAY congrats on the machine!! You literally got yours just as I got mine :D I'm excited to hear about your adventures with yours and I hope she runs perfectly for you. (what a steal at $10!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you didn't get, I bought up! I would think Fabric Mart is empty by now (not!) cause I also got umpty zillion yards in. And ordered more today from Fabric.com...I seem to have lost my mind. Cute new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nakisha, I'd like to have that piece on the dress form. I go to the site every day for what? I don't know as I have a box sitting beside me and I'm running over with it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What the! I am drooling over here. I am being so amazingly perfect and not ordering from FM at the moment... I want it all. Those pontes, the stripes, the challis, poplins, twills.... oh my. And I have the Marc Jacobs red stuff, too, with my pattern waiting for me to make the same jackets you did with your black FM fabric. For now I'm being a good momma and making some shirts for my baby, he picked out the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That striped ponte is gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy fabric! I would be tempted to make that challis into some palazzo pants. I have been buying up fabric like crazy too -- it's like I'm afraid to stop:) Enjoy your sewing machine. I don't have that one but I love the ones I do have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I have outdone you in the stash collecting stakes this year - there's something so satisfying about stashing, isn't there?

    Love the new addition to your sewing machine family :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your going to have so much darn fun. LOL. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are such an enabler! lol I have been stash-building at a much faster pace than stash-busting. It's probably a good thing I live in Canada where the shipping charges make shopping for fabric online not such a good option. I'll just have to live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun fabrics!! You really did buy a lot! I know you will find some good patterns to turn it into. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute very cute fabric. Congrats on the machine. $10 was a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOOH, welcome to the Kenmore 158 Family! Metal gears! A machine you can probably tune up by yourself. You won't have time to sew that stash if you just do A Popular Internet Search on "Kenmore (your model # here)". Bwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am envying that rayon challis! And I didn't know PR has a destash option, I'll have to explore that. Congrats on the new-to-you vintage machine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!