Monday, I posted here and on Pattern Review my S1699 muslin to get advice and got loads of help. So I went home yesterday and made some quick tweaks - as in no seams unpicked yet - to the pattern.
Starting at the shoulder, I pinned out 1/2" on the right shoulder and 1" on the left shoulder (thanks L!). What a huge difference that made! Then I marked my bust point vs. the darts. They were stopping about an inch away, but they need to be lowered a bit, maybe 3/4" of an inch. I also got the tip that I need more length over the bust (there were some drag lines) and that the back is too large.
It seems to fit fine right across the shoulders but then there's lots of extra fabric through the rest of the back.
At any rate, I didn't get any pics of the adjusted muslin because this happened
I got attacked by a pin! If you don't know, I hate the site of blood. ::shudders:: So I got completely freaked out, bled all over the roll of toilet paper and put my muslin *over there*. I'll work on it later :)
This weekend, I got a lot of sewing done (I was on a roll). I decided to make this weird fabric that I'd gotten free from FM into lounge pants using S1668. I had to remove 3 inches (THREE!) from the center front. Insanity!! But I had to add an inch to the back. C'est la vie, I suppose.
I made them, they fit pretty nicely actually, and then they grew and grew, and grew. I never got to hem them.
They must have went off grain while cutting...that side seam is crazy.
I also decided to sew up S2451 which had been cut for oh...about 2 and a half months!!! The fabric is gorgeous. It's a BRIGHT royal blue cotton twill that I got out of the remnant bin at JoAnn's one day for like $3. I only had a yard so I had to make the shortest skirt. And it's pretty short :) But hey, that's what tights are for. All that's left on that is to understitch and secure the waistband facing and to hem it. I used a light grey zipper. I really liked the contrast there. If I had aqua or yellow or some other bright color, I would have used that!
I think I did the pleats backwards. I always manage to mess up pleats
It looks purple here.
Not too long ago, I came across a PR thread about finding time to sew. I have become a huge proponent of sewing in short bursts. Last night, I passed out before 9 p.m. and by 5 a.m. I was full rested. I got up at about 5:30 and headed to the cave. In 30 minutes, I interfaced the area, basted and inserted my zipper and sewed on the waistband facing. I also ironed two fabrics (a cotton voile and rayon challis) that will become tops (sooner rather than later).
Tonight I plan to do a little work on my jacket muslin and cut out (another) M6519. Until then!