Once I started to feel better and ready to sew, I had to decide what to make. Then I had a light bulb moment.
I can still do a mini wardrobe! So I decided to do one based on black; black, grey, white with a pop of color. That "pop" was going to be purple. So what did I make?
- Butterick 5926, knit blazer in charcoal grey ponte from FabricMart (2 yards)
- McCall's 6796, sleevelss mock turtleneck in a black with silver stripes rayon-lycra tissue knit from FabricMart (1 yard)
- Simplicity 2700, pants in a grey/black heathered suiting from FabricMart (2 yards)
- Simplicity 2700, pants in a herringbone black/tan suiting from Hancock (2 yards)
- Maria Denmark Kimono tee, knit top in a soft white rayon-lycra lace knit from FabricMart (1 yard)
- McCall's 6844, cardigan in black ponte from FabricMart (2 yards)
- Butterick 5965, top in a floral polyester charmeuse from Hancock (1 1/4 yards)
- Butterick 5678, button front shirt in drapey lavender cotton shirting from FabricMart - ruined by spray starch :( There was absolutely no saving that fabric. I tried everything on swatches to remove the starch but no luck.)
- Butterick 5678, button front shirt in soft grey stretch cotton poplin from FabricMart - This guy may be saved. It was looking very touch and go there...but it still didn't make the "October deadline". I am going to make myself finish it, even though I don't usually force myself to finish UFOs...I don't see the point in forcing it if it isn't going to work out.
- McCall's 6614 in blue/black/gray animal print fleece from FabricMart for my daughter
- Hand knit socks for my daughter
Kimono tee layered over a cami
S2700 pants with S2594--made way back in March! :)
M6844 cardigan with NL6108
B5926 jacket with M6796 top
So even though I didn't get those other 2 shirts done, I still sewed SEVEN garments last month for myself! Plus the top for my daughter. I was a sewing machine! And I conquered a silky fabric (so what I killed another!)
I had intended on doing a "brown" version for November but don't have a lot of brown things. However, I already have 3 pair of slacks that are in the brown family so I am just going to make a few things in the brown family and plan to do some other fun makes.
S1699 jacket in that fun banana yellow plaid. The jacket has a front, a back and a sleeve. It does have bust darts, but limited places to line up the plaid. The jacket back is cut in two but I think I might cut it on the fold. I am going to mock up a half muslin (shhhhh - I debated this on PR the other day) to see if there are major changes I must make. I already know I need to lower the bust dart.
Brown plaid pants - S2700 again. Yep! :) With carriers and maybe mock welts (!) Gonna practice the welts on my sheet muslin (I found it!)
McCall's 6149 lined vest in a tan/camel wool
McCall's 6519 in a creamy poly something silky from Hancock. The fabric didn't respond well to my spray starch test so I'm going to cut a very simple pattern - just a front and back - and use paper to cut. I'm also going to do a mock button band down the back!
There's a piece of dark brown cotton voile - not sure what it's going to become. It's 60" and I have 1.5 yards so I want to find something that will use nearly the whole lot of fabric.
Vogue 8679 in a printed ITY knit.
McCall's 6844 (again) in a creamy (the same color as that fabric in the pic, actually) winter white ponte with matching tank.
Aiming for 7-ish garments again. And 4 of them I've already made before. I'm ready!!