It is not this bright in real life!! :)
I'm assuming the red was hard to capture against the red of Lily. There are 4 fabrics here (again, details to follow!).
Oh yes. The seam ripper made an appearance! :) I ended up doing a bit of basting because I wasn't sure about things and had to pull some things apart. I'm loving it though and definitely want one of my own!
I finished these little leggings for Baby K using Butterick 5020.
Sooooo I searched for a free tute for toddler leggings and every one I found said to buy a pair and copy them. Pfft. I had this pattern on hand and decided I could lengthen them to full pants. So I traced them in a size 3 and lengthened the leg based on another pattern that had full length pants. It is just one pattern piece (no side seams) and took a hot second to cut out. I made them in black so I took them straight over to the serger and serged up that inseam. Then I went to put the "right leg in the wrong leg" to do the crotch seam and...Hmmm. Interesting. ::flips them around:: Hmmm. VERY interesting.
I sewed one right side together and one wrong side together! DOH!
So then I cut another pattern piece. Serged it. Went to sew the crotch seam.
I did it again.
I couldn't. I cut the serged edge off very carefully and fixed it. Then I made a goof with the waistband. But I fixed it. Goodness gracious! Tiny things are hard!!! I like the double row of stitching since I haven't figured out how to fix tunneling with my twin needle.
(Sorry for the bad pics!)
Now, those of you that follow the blog know that I have an addiction to all things sewing. Yet, I continue to claim that I'm going to "fabric fast" on Pattern Review. Yeah. Sure. But I try!
Wendy is a PR member who is hilariously funny. Today she pointed out that she convinces herself that remnants aren't adding to stash, well, DUH. Of course that isn't stash! :)
I was in JoAnn and got these two...
Vogue 1366 for the pants. I essentially paid $5 for a pants pattern, I know.
(I forgot where I was going with that...)
and rummaged through the remnant bin. When I was there on fleece-a-palooza Saturday, I saw someone getting this fabric cut and really liked it. I was excited to see a 1/2 yard remnant of it for a mere $2 or so. I wasn't sure what to do with it and once I got home and realized it was 44" fabric, I knew my options were limited. I always drape new fabrics around Lily and then bam...realized it should become a new, warm, flannel cowl!
**Also, I need resources for hand sewing openings (after turning something out) closed. I just fudge it and I know I'm not doing it right.
This was made by sewing long ends together (1/4" seam), turning it and then sewing the short ends together around the circle, leaving a small opening to turn it out.
More to come! But for now...Scandal!