I was all set to sew jackets and then lost my mojo and then L (of YouSewGirl) and I were gonna do a sew-along but my mojo was lost and then I saw HER in progress KLM jacket (go look!) and decided to make a jacket.
But then I chickened out on a jacket with notched collar and lapels and all that and went to Butterick 5927
And cut it out of this denim look suiting that I decided was too stiff for pants. And then I started to set the sleeve. And then no amount of easing was working. And then...boooo!!
I started a PR thread and also L gave me some tips with the fleece bias strip as a header. So I quickly tried on one sleeve the bias strip and on the other trimming the sleeve cap.
I think I need to trim a *tiny* bit off the cap (maybe 1/4" or maybe even using a smaller sleeve size) and use the fleece strip. Here are a bunch of in progress pics
After trimming the cap:
(it hangs funny as I trimmed too much off)
One trimmed sleeve (which is set well) and one fleece bias stripped sleeve (which looks scary)
Soooo I think I will trim the sleeve cap down AND set it with the fleece as this jacket is lined. More later!