Saturday, April 19, 2014

Finished: S2061

***Edited to add the blogger from which I got the inspiration to use this pattern. Even though I'd made view B before, I hadn't looked at view A. But hers were cute so :) Blog Post


I'm not supposed to be sewing yet.

Shhhhhhh.

But you know...I just had to. I had to!!!!!!!!

I needed an outlet and what's better than sewing? Trust me...I tried other things. I cleaned up the sewing room. I washed some fabrics. I looked through my BurdaStyle magazines. I pet my fabric a little. Sometimes these things cure the itch. This time? Nope. Not at all.

Okay...Something I want that's easy. Quick. Not going to be too much work...

Obviously a knit won. The serger had black thread in it.


The ponte spoke to me. It said, "Pssst. PSST!!!!! I want to become pants!". So who am I to deny?

I was going to go with a leggings-type pattern but I didn't want "tight". I wanted to be able to wear these as "regular" pants not with a tunic.

Then I decided against a more traditional pants pattern (waistband, fly, pockets) because...hello? Wrist. Enter S2061

I made view B last year, here:
I'd only been sewing for like 6 weeks!
I decided this was an extra bonus. The pattern was already cut and I knew they would fit. There were only 3 pattern pieces for view A and I cut them out without incident :)

My only adjustments were to remove 3/4" from CF, lengthen 1.5" and stitch the pleats down a little further. I didn't have 1.5" elastic so I used 1".


Pattern matching? Pfft. For suckas. I had no time for that.

A little tighter in the butt than I originally planned.

Look at my cute pleats!!!!!!

It's LOVE! 

I spent all fall hemming and hawing over printed pants. I thought only "skinny" girls could wear print pants. I am so happy with these. They have the comfy feel of lounge pants but look much nicer. Score!

(they weren't yet hemmed as I was thinking about elasticizing the hem. I'll just do a normal hem)

Shirt is RTW from Target a couple years ago.

This ponte is different from any other I've sewn. It's really fluid. Maybe it has a higher rayon content?? I don't know but I'm a happy camper!


***I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award; gotta gather my 10 "interesting" facts!

28 comments:

  1. I'm willing to call this serving instead of sewing, if that helps. In fact some awesome serving. Those look so nice and versatile. I think prints suit you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got excited thinking about all the options a black & white pant gives!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic...Looks great on you... I just love that fabric.. That is a great pattern, I saw it,
    but didn't think much about it? Now I want it.lol
    [Be careful with that wrist... take care of your self..]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw that someone else made this view but now I can't find her blog. I'm sure I'll come across them again.

      Delete
  3. Nice! The fabric makes these pants pop! And you look great in them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pants! That cut and style of print is very in style right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt absolutely fabulous in them yesterday!

      Delete
  5. Love the printed ponte. Your pants look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out great and suits you very well. Hope you make a full recovery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, what else can you do when the black thread is ready to go and calling you?

    Pants look great - and around here, plenty of curvy girls wear them,so much so that skinny leg me feels quite out of it! They are lovely...and you would never notice whether the pattern matched or not on these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all you can do SarahLiz...succumb to the call of the machine! :-)

      Thanks much. They are so comfy too and I did not feel "too wide" in them at all. Hahahaha

      Delete
  8. I love these pants on you! I have a few pairs of printed pants but I never wear them because i'm not slim. I will totally sew myself some more after seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stevie! I think you should wear them!!!

      Delete
  9. Printed pants are totally hot and you look hot in your pair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pants! I have this fabric but didn't 'see' it as pants, maybe a dress. Thanks for letting me see another option. I may try some wide legged pants as I don't like skinner legged pants on myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!

      It is perfect for a dress...but I think wide legged pants would be great too. Oh how they would SWISH! :-)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It was like wearing PJs!!! Thanks :)

      Delete
  12. I can see why you love these pants. They look great on you. I love the print

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun and great looking pants!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, thanks for the link love! Blush! I am at Disney world right now, but when I get a moment I will link back to your darling version at my post...people need to see how good yours look on you! Btw I now have a serger and cannot wait to make them in that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one; even if I don't have time to respond back!