Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Simplicity 1426 & New Summer Simplicity Patterns

DROOOOOOL !!!

I swear they just released new patterns not too long ago...anyway. I am impressed!

Uhmmm...YES Please! That is a great amount of coverage + vavavoom for someone who is mildly comfortable with their body in a swimsuit.
 
ok, sans ruffle (no thanks CR) this is freaking FANTASTIC! The high waist! The tucks(?). Yes. Yes. YES!


This is cute and even if I never make it...I want it.

Sweetheart EVERYTHING please! Plus look at that darling back cut-out! And it seems bra friendly.

I will wear a boatneck anything. It looks good on me. Really good.


Not spectacular, but I had this dress in mind when I pictured something cute and functional for summer weddings (crap that I probably won't be attending now...)


Because it's a jumpsuit!


Apparently I am now a halter neck fiend.

The short skirt is kinda cute. I'll never do view A. Ever. And I know that boxy top isn't suitable. But I will buy it mainly cause it's C.R. 


The New Look release is boring. Nothing here that I want.

Last weekend...Life...Sewing that wasn't intense on brain power...And I cut S1426, view C


Simple? uh, no.

Perhaps because I've never sewn lingerie or swimsuits I was so clueless. And then it didn't help that some of the steps are combined illustrations and it ended up taking me a minute to figure it all out.


I used the same fabric as papa's Christmas pjs (not blogged??) and my S2255 top (here). I'm starting to dig buying 4-5 yards of a cut of fabric!

I swear those are just pointy darts. SWEAR! LOL! I am wearing a strapless bra under here.

I cut a size 14...I don't understand the finished garment measurement. I think it's full bust...it's equal to the chart. E.g. a 14 is for a 36" bust and has a 36" finished measurement. This would explain why it wouldn't close... :) I have a 38.5 ish full bust. So I got creative! Instead of "Oops" I converted it to a 'design feature' cause that's what good sewers do!

I added a button band to each side. Bam. Work it out.

Well I don't love the balconette style on me. And I set the straps way farther than what they indicated. I felt like I was being strangled! This view had all the fashion fabric piece you see, the cups are lined (broadcloth) and then there are facings.  It took me awhile y'all.

But then I was kinda hooked.

Now, you see how I dress and you know that there is no way, no matter what, I will wear this outside as a "top". Maybe with those cool CR high waisted shorts or pants and a jacket :) Or if I grace the sands of a beach...

So I made another.




This time I cut view A in a cotton madras that I'd scored some time ago from Hancock. It's really cool and the color is still vibrant after washing/drying to pretreat. (uhmm, that is my natural stance. I don't know why I stand like that).

For this one I cut a 16. And though it doesn't appear to be, the cups are a little too big on the outside -OR- I need to find a better option to get the strap (that's connected to the bodice and is also the halter tie) to lie flat.

Love. Love. Love. I like the halter style and the wrap front and the pleats - a lot. This one had no interfacing, just lined and then there's the upper straps and a bottom band that are "self faced". This went FAST.

hmmm...a use for that extra polka-dot fabric? :-)