The Sunshine/Shine On Award is meant to get to know your fellow bloggers and allow your readers to get to know you a little better with the use of 10 facts about you!
- Include the Logo
- Link the person who nominated you
- Write 10 facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers
- Notify the nominees
10 things you might not know about me
- I was the cheerleading captain in high school. This is so shameful for my poor, athletic, anti-cheerleading/dance/any activities that are too girly daughter. But I'm peppier than I like to admit so maybe this isn't a surprise :)
- I am equally as likely to be listening to hard-core gangster rap as I am bubblegum pop music. I just like music. But not playing music! My mind cannot learn to read music.
- Despite being considered "academically gifted", I almost failed 9th grade. Bore-ing. I swear I think I have ADD!
- I was about 3 days shy of 21 before I took my first plane ride.
- I sleep 8-9 hours per night. I do not play about my sleep.
- I have weird food issues. No allergies but so many sensitivities (no beef, no tuna, bbq sauce is spicy). And I dislike "normal" things like ranch dressing (YUCK!), mustard, mayo...I could care less if I never ate pasta again...etc
- I think saying I have a sweet tooth would be the understatement of the millennia. I love candy, cookies, cake, pie, cookies :) I seriously have like 12 fillings. It is so sad.
- I do not play outside. No thank you. I don't camp or ski or whatever it is that people do outdoors. I can be persuaded to go for a walk on a nice spring/fall day.
- Fall is my favorite. It stinks that it lasts for about 13 minutes in Minnesota because I just LOVE fall! I hate summer heat and humidity. Hate. Hate. Hate. So as much as I complain about 6 months of winter, I could not stand to live anywhere where it is hot most of the year.
- I have 3 siblings, 14 nieces and nephews and am soon to be a great aunt.
Making The Flame
These are all fantastic blogs with FANTASTIC bloggers! Kind, funny, helpful, and they crank out fun to look at garments. So...be sure to check them out!
Because I luuuuurve Randomness...
I have another finished project to show but I think I am going to make a version 2 so I will blog when it's made.
I wore my new pants yesterday with a super bright yellow top purchased from JCPenney many, many moons ago. It is slightly too small. But since it's a style with lots of ease...it worked out okay.
I am done trying to make woven tops for Dougie. Done. Done. Done. I will only make knits. And oversized things. And pants. I am never making her a fitted woven top again. Did I say that already? Hmmph!!!!!
Okay, the pattern called for a 20" zipper. I wanted to use this coral zipper and I didn't have a 20" zipper. LOL! Well, I definitely needed a full zipper.
Poor baby was again traumatized trying to get in and out of this top.
So I now need to unpick the zipper and CB seam and use a full zipper. I also need to redo the front of the right sleeve and the back of the left sleeve (a couple of puckers).
I did a 3/4" broad back adjustment (thanks Anne of ClothingEngineer!) which worked tremendously well. I can now understand, after doing it, why it makes a difference in the sleeve/armscye fit.
I am going to skip the facings and just use bias tape on the neckline. I think she might find a top with facings too cumbersome.
**You do not realize the hassle involved talking her into TRYING the peplum. And I think it looks amazingly cute on her and says even more, "Look at my teeny, tiny waist (that is approximately the same size as my mother's thigh)" ;-)