**Disclaimer: No machines were hurt during production of this post! I finished the red pants and vest almost 2 weeks ago; they were just unblogged.
This time I made the vest in a cotton poplin that I got from Fabric Mart. I'd originally bought this olive fabric for a shirt but it was pretty hefty and stiff. After washing, the fabric seemed to have "streaks" in it so a shirt was definitely out. Then I decided it'd be perfect for a vest! I initially planned on brass zipper and what not but then the red hit me so I went with it.
I wanted to use the other collar and pockets but didn't have enough fabric. So it's essentially the same as my black jacket but without sleeves, and the little loop on back.
Right after I made the floral pair I cut the red pair. But then wasn't feeling the love. I think the RPL would've been better suited for more of a trouser style. I don't hate them but I realized it's been a long time with them sitting there, needing hemming. That's typically a little indicator that I am less than pleased. Today I decided to just grab pics so they STILL aren't hemmed and I rolled them up.
They grew on me. I like them as part of a casual look. Maybe with my "fancy" raglan sweatshirt I made last year.
The red is so hard to photograph. Sheesh.
I used the rayon challis from my V1395 dress for the pocket bags.
This is seriously THE best fly zipper I've ever done!!! It came out perfectly
The TNT pants pattern.
I had this rayon/poly twill suiting from FabricMart and loved the color. These took me awhile and as I got closer to finishing I decided to add the red bias tape to the waist facing. I then decided they looked like Sock Monkey inspired pants!!! :) With the serger threads and the main fabric and the red...hahahaha! I love them.
The black fabric was picked up last weekend on my SR Harris excursion with The Sometimes Sewist. It's a cotton/lycra/something. I don't remember if the something was rayon or poly. They feel nice but the lycra made these sew up a little differently than the first pair.
On the black pair, I narrowed the legs 1" front and back and added 1/4" to the waist of both pieces (for 1" total). Well with the lycra in the black pair I didn't need the extra. However, the tan pair (which were made first), has 3/8" side seams from about mid-thigh to the waist). The tan pair got faux welts. The black pair got carriers and no welts.
I left off the pockets on both because I needed pants nowwwwww. I also changed them to flat front (instead of tabbed waist). Both were blind hemmed by machine.
I have also started a non-Simplicity project! Hahaha!
**Butterick 6104 with cotton/wool blend suiting from FabricMart**
I hustled towards the end of my day off and got this cut. I am surprised at how quickly it's going together, because there are 300,000 seams. With the FabricMart contest starting up this week, it may be awhile before it's finished.
Apparently I am also having a red moment...