Monday, September 1, 2014

August Wrap-Up

My S2443 jacket is still abandoned. Which is sad because I like it! I promise I'll finish it. Otherwise, I had 5 immediate goal items for August and made 4. Yay!

I had super busy weekends all month so didn't sew nearly as much as I usually do and my pants plans got pushed. 

NOW with the FM contest I'm not really making any September plans. If I manage to get sewing done in between contest entries then, I will. If I get eliminated early well...I'll get back on my fall plan. 

This was a good month in that I am quite happy with most everything I've sewn. I think it's time to clean out my closet though because I still find myself unable to "find anything to wear" on the weekends. So I must have stuff that doesn't move me (or that's too small/ill fitting). 

*S1696 pants in floral cotton and red RPL (only needs hemming. Seriously. Smh.): 3.5 yds
*V9026 sweatshirt in pink striped ponte: 1.75 yds
*S1317 tee for my daughter in floral knit: 1.25 yds
*S1318 kimono in floral chiffon (I accidentally sliced it while grading the SA): 1.5 yds
*S2153 vest in olive poplin: 1.5 yds
*S1803 dress in floral sateen: 1.75 yds
*S2700 pants in dark taupe(?): 1.75 yds

Total: 13 yds

(( Geez louise! Apparently this was a Simplicity-Love month! Yowza! ))

Favorite item: doh! The floral dress and olive vest would tie. They both make me happy!!!

I stopped tracking my fabric in because...whatev. Lol!!!

I did pick up some lovelies this weekend and a few new patterns (I know, I know!). Today I will finish my pants and I should be able to get a second pair sewn and a top between the rest of today/tomorrow (I'm off work).