Friday, September 19, 2014

WIP: V8839 and Fabric Mart Fabricistas Challenge

I'm safe! I knew Ann would win and she deserved it! Read up here!  Did you guys catch that we both made eggplant dresses to wear for our anniversary?!

Unfortunately, Jess was "sent home". :-(  I'm going to miss her! If you could only see our inboxes! :) I still love her shirt and she's an amazing seamstress and you totally need to follow her if you don't already!

I'm starting to think someone got inside of my head and decided I had to compete in this contest! I'm not much for "interpreting" patterns; yet week 1 required just that! I've scared myself out of making a fitted, lined dress and of course, that's exactly what I did week 2! Week 3 is all about copying a RTW garment.

Cheese and Rice.

I've seen people talk about it...I've seen the painter's tape method, the stabby pin method, the silk organza method...I tried to trace a simple tshirt with CUT-ON sleeves once(!!) and got all 'blurgh, this is crazy' about it. So of course...

But I'm excited about this challenge because I knew right away what I wanted to make! Yay!!!

Look for the post on Tuesday with my 'make'!

********************************************

Now, yes, I am a crazy person. I have so many things that I want to sew that I managed to work in between finishing my dress and getting the new challenge.

I'm working on Vogue 8839, a Marcy Tilton cardigan/jacket.



More firsts...I've never done any sort of color-blocking before!

I'm actually much closer to being finished with it; all of those pieces on the ironing board are attached to each other and to the jacket! :) But holy cow is it big. I knew that the pieces were boxy and the line drawing shows it's a straight side seam and it's big on the model...But I've got to take in the side seams some and shorten the sleeves (like 2 inches!). I am thinking that the large was too big and I should've chosen the medium.

I have 8000 things going on this weekend, again. So I shall be Ms. Crazy Sewing Lady, once again.