It seems as if I get all overwhelmed and spend a little bit of time fasting and then want ALL THE THINGS! I bought fabric at SR Harris and went back and bought a little more (Hey, I got sanwashed rayon and when I went there again (for swimsuit fabric) there was POLKA-DOT sandwashed rayon!!!
This month I sewed 20.5 yards. Epic sewing courtesy of a traveling husband and busy kids - yay me!!! I made 3 tops on the on the sew-day I took off.
- McCall's 6754 in white ponte - 1.25 yards (for my stepdaughter)
- Simplicity 1317 in mesh and ponte - 2 yards
- Burda 03/2013 dropped waist dress - 2.5 (March Burda Challenge project; complete and utter FAIL and the photo evidence has already been deleted - sorry!!)
- McCall's 6078 in navy/white ITY - 1 yard
- Butterick 6169 in grey wool - 2 yards
- Vogue 1436 top in green cotton lawn - 2 yards
- Bura 6911 top in black/white striped jersey - 1.5 yards
- New Look 6104 in red chambray - 1.25 yards
- Burda 08/2014 top in printed cotton lycra - 1.5 yards (for my daughter)
- Burda 6938 shorts in grey sweatshirt fleece - 1 yard (for my daughter)
- McCall's 5400 bikini top in plum swim fabric - .5 yards
- Simplicity 1374 bikini bottoms in plum swim fabric - .5 yards
- Burda 6907 pants in olive suiting - 2 yards
- Butterick 6066 muslin in plaid cotton - 1.5 yards
1 failed dress
1 failed dress
Favorite: Gosh that's a hard one. I really love my garments this month. I will have to say the red chambray NL6104. It's totally about the effort I put into it. I didn't love it when I first finished it but I am very, very proud of the work and I've worn it every chance I've gotten!
Biggest accomplishment: I sewed my own swimsuit!!!!
FAILS: Aside from me making a drop-waist dress...sigh...
I didn't muslin the Burda pants and the butt shows ;) So while I am NOT of the belief that every.single.wrinkle must be resolved, I know how to do the adjustment that will give me enough room through the inner thigh for the fabric to hang properly. I will wear the pants; believe that! LOL!
Quick photos of the girls' goodies this month:
Wait! First my mom in some of the things I made for her! :-D
SD in her peplum top
DD in her shorts
DD in her tee (Look at that pattern matching!)
The Pattern Review Wardrobe contest starts today! YAY!!! Since I've been sewing it has always been a "mini wardrobe". This is the big one! :) I have revised my plans and knowing me, they may change again. But my color palette is going to stay the same; blues, greens, grays, black, white. Hey, I like it ;)
I will be traveling a weekend or two during the contest and Mother's Day will happen too. My plan is to attack the 3 knit tops I've made before first.
Burda 6911 then the kimono tee (which is already a different pattern choice than the Maria Denmark tee shown here) and Simplicity 1916.
I'll hopefully start V9032 this weekend and get those done and a muslin of the bodice of M6696 done before I leave town next week.
Are you joining in the contest this year?