Thursday, March 13, 2014

Finished Item: Burda 6933

The quest to make the pants for the boy began Monday night. 

Tuesday I got them to the point of basting the legs together for him to try on. 

Wednesday I sewed the revised seams, cut, basted the carriers and got the waistband sewed on. 

Tonight I finished them; stitched in the ditch, sewed the carriers in place, hemmed them and inserted a hook & eye. I tried explaining that there's a button on the inside waistband but he didn't want that. 

Dark lighting. Black pants. Eh. But you can see the slim fit on him. 

Good lighting!! :)

I Love. Love. Love the fly front in these! The pockets are nice too. He couldn't take his hands out of them. 

Less good lighting. 

I got a stupid shine spot. Dang it. I need to re-crease them too. But, I'm getting much, MUCH better at blind hemming!!

Fabric: 
50/50 poly/wool blend from Hancock

Likes: 
General styling of the pants. 
The fly front. 
The carriers. 

Dislike: 
They're basically stovepipes as drafted...The 36 has like a 13.75" leg opening. Sheesh. But it's my fault for not noticing that. Burda shows that on the envelope

Changes: 
No welts. I had no time for that.  
I added 1" to the length but only needed 1/2"
I didn't topstitch the waistband. 

Verdict:
"They look real!"

Uhh. Thanks son :-)